HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #16

Thank for the reply swatchie & Arcanell. I guess I will drop by Swan Valley. The wineries and trail there is I am looking forward to.

Anyway self-drive from Perth to the Pinnacle desert, how long will the journey take on average? Is there any place must stop over along the journey there?
The cervantes village is the town near Pinnacle desert? The desert is actually located at Nambung National Park? Another thing, I use google map to look at the road to Pinnacle but I realised there isint lamp on the road? What is the safest time to leave Pinnacle and return to city? I am not driving off-road, Is it better to rent those SUV or normal sedan will do?

Just doing some homework and research before heading there.
For me it took close to 3 hours, inclusive of a stop for fish n chips at the petrol kiosk at Lancelin. Cervantes is home to a tourist attraction called Lobster Shack, something like a seafood processing facility which is open for tourist. They do sell cooked lobsters but its rather expensive.

Trust me, you do not need a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I did the drive up to pinnacles in a rented toyota corolla hatch without any issues.

As for the safest time to leave, it depends on the season. And yes, it will very dark once the sun sets. There is a certainly a safety risk considering u will be driving on a unlit two-way, single lane road.
scenic98 likes this.
flakkgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #17

I'm also flying to perth. Anyone knows is the triple deluxe tour recommended to get?

Welcome to City Sight Seeing Perth
eelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #18

I've migrated to Perth a few years back and currently working for a local travel operator.

Not selling anything but if anybody needs travel information, itineraries, accommodation, feel free to fire away.

I usually deal with big tour groups instead of FITs.
Fireshrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #19

For me it took close to 3 hours, inclusive of a stop for fish n chips at the petrol kiosk at Lancelin. Cervantes is home to a tourist attraction called Lobster Shack, something like a seafood processing facility which is open for tourist. They do sell cooked lobsters but its rather expensive.

Trust me, you do not need a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I did the drive up to pinnacles in a rented toyota corolla hatch without any issues.

As for the safest time to leave, it depends on the season. And yes, it will very dark once the sun sets. There is a certainly a safety risk considering u will be driving on a unlit two-way, single lane road.

Thank for the reply. One way is 3hours? So total journey with return will be around 6hours? Is there any must visit thing at Cervantes?

You rented it from baywater? I intend to rent Corolla hatch also. I will be heading there on March. Sun Set at around 6:30pm so leaving at 2:30pm would be safe enough?
papaya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #20

Thank for the reply. One way is 3hours? So total journey with return will be around 6hours? Is there any must visit thing at Cervantes?

You rented it from baywater? I intend to rent Corolla hatch also. I will be heading there on March. Sun Set at around 6:30pm so leaving at 2:30pm would be safe enough?
Yeah 2.30 is safe enough...it's summer/autumn so plenty of light..sunset around 7pm.

The lobster place is called lobster shack - it's basically a manufacturing plant. Nothing much to do unless you crave lobsters.

Other things to do would be Sandboarding at Lanceline, view wildflowers (during season) at the Pinnacles. That's pretty much it around that area.
Old 22-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #21

Yeah 2.30 is safe enough...it's summer/autumn so plenty of light..sunset around 7pm.

The lobster place is called lobster shack - it's basically a manufacturing plant. Nothing much to do unless you crave lobsters.

Other things to do would be Sandboarding at Lanceline, view wildflowers (during season) at the Pinnacles. That's pretty much it around that area.

Thank for the reply Fireshrine. Any comment on my itinerary?
Any changes I should make?

Day 1
Day 2 - Rottnest Island (must go)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Swan Valley
Day 4 - The pinnacle
Day 5 - Zoo + Aquarium
Day 6 - Jetboating + Theme park
Day 7 -
Old 22-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #22

Thank for the reply Fireshrine. Any comment on my itinerary?
Any changes I should make?

Day 1
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Swan Valley
Day 4 - The pinnacle
Day 5 - Zoo + Aquarium
Day 6 - Jetboating + Theme park
Day 7 -
I personally would skip the Zoo and Aquarium. If you have the budget, book the swim with the dolphins tour at which is $205/pax (can't post the website. PM me). Skip the theme park (adventure world - waste of time)

Try to make a trip to busselton of margaret river if within your budget. I always think that the best WA has to offer is actually the South West region. Scenic, Good food etc.
Old 24-01-2015, 12:40 AM   #23

I personally would skip the Zoo and Aquarium. If you have the budget, book the swim with the dolphins tour at which is $205/pax (can't post the website. PM me). Skip the theme park (adventure world - waste of time)

Try to make a trip to busselton of margaret river if within your budget. I always think that the best WA has to offer is actually the South West region. Scenic, Good food etc.
Thank for the advice. I have made some amendment.

I will skip the swim with dolphin ( Open sea - I am afraid got shark). Lol. I going to go for the dolphin, penguin and sea lion option.

Day 1 Zoo (half day arrival)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Kings park
Day 4 - The Pinnacle
Day 5 - Margaret river
Day 6 - Jetboating + Swan Valley
Day 7 - ? (half day departure at night)

I should have covered most important attraction at perth?
Old 26-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #24

Seeking advise of Perth Airport:
Does the airport closes at night? Cos my flight will arrive in PER 1am. I am thinking whether shld I nap in the airport until first bus? Or take a taxi? Or rent a car str frm airport.

Thx.
marknewlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #25

Thank for the advice. I have made some amendment.

I will skip the swim with dolphin ( Open sea - I am afraid got shark). Lol. I going to go for the dolphin, penguin and sea lion option.

Day 1 Zoo (half day arrival)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Kings park
Day 4 - The Pinnacle
Day 5 - Margaret river
Day 6 - Jetboating + Swan Valley
Day 7 - ? (half day departure at night)

I should have covered most important attraction at perth?
Pretty much covered everything. However, not sure if you can do margaret river in a day. Drive down is 4hrs one way. Remember to plan Friday for late night shopping in the city.
Old 26-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #26

Seeking advise of Perth Airport:
Does the airport closes at night? Cos my flight will arrive in PER 1am. I am thinking whether shld I nap in the airport until first bus? Or take a taxi? Or rent a car str frm airport.

Thx.
Airport doesn't close at night. I believe the buses no longer run at those hours. Where's your accommodation at? If you have already booked a hotel, might as well take a cab. Renting a car is another viable option.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #27

Pretty much covered everything. However, not sure if you can do margaret river in a day. Drive down is 4hrs one way. Remember to plan Friday for late night shopping in the city.

Ya I have just seen Margaret river map. It's too big.
I was thinking if I should stay over there 1 night but I will waste 1 night + breakfast of my already booked Pan Pacific hotel.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #28

I was thinking if I should stay over there 1 night but I will waste 1 night + breakfast of my already booked Pan Pacific hotel.
I'm sure you can cancel your booking and planned it again. Hotels have a 72hrs cancellation policy

PM'd you btw
Old 26-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #29

I'm sure you can cancel your booking and planned it again. Hotels have a 72hrs cancellation policy

PM'd you btw

Hmm what would be good to replace Margaret river with for my trip?
Old 27-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #30
Supremacy Member

It's actually possible to do Margaret river in 1 day, depending on what you want to do there. If it's just to visit some vineyards, the chocolate factory, cheese factory etc, its possible. My friends who live in Perth do it all the time. But you have to be prepared to leave really early (5+ in the morning) and return pretty late to maximize the time you have at MR. But if the purpose of your trip is to relax, I would suggest you spend a night at MR or Bunker Bay.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.