HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #31

It's actually possible to do Margaret river in 1 day, depending on what you want to do there. If it's just to visit some vineyards, the chocolate factory, cheese factory etc, its possible. My friends who live in Perth do it all the time. But you have to be prepared to leave really early (5+ in the morning) and return pretty late to maximize the time you have at MR. But if the purpose of your trip is to relax, I would suggest you spend a night at MR or Bunker Bay.
Bunker Bay is gorgeous, the resort there is top notched too. My personal experience, if you have a car, whether you stay at Busselton, Yallingup or Margaret River doesn't make a difference.

Btw Petrol prices here have reached AUD$1
Fireshrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #32

Wow will research more before heading there. Thank you guys.
papaya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #33
Supremacy Member

Bunker Bay is gorgeous, the resort there is top notched too. My personal experience, if you have a car, whether you stay at Busselton, Yallingup or Margaret River doesn't make a difference.

Btw Petrol prices here have reached AUD$1
I think there's only 1 resort at Bunker Bay so I assume you are referring to Pullman Bunker Bay?

Wanted to try the Bunker Bay Cafe whilst I was staying there but it wasn't open
Old 29-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #34

I just checked that resort. Wow it isint cheap. 1 night can cost around 300sgd. Lol. Too exp for me to fortfeit 1 night hotel and stay there.
Old 30-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Anyone have any idea how much the taxi would cost to get from Perth International Airport at 11pm at night to Hay Street?

My mum and I will be in Perth with my uncle and aunt from Feb 20th (11pm) 2015 till 24 Feb 2015 (8am).

I think all the airport buses would have stopped service runs for the day by the time we arrive so really appreciate some help here.

Also i think our trip is kinda short so if we do not intend to rent a car is there anywhere nearby to Hay Street that we can explore?

I am female and 33 years old but my uncle,aunt and mum are in their 60's.

Thank You very much in advance.
Old 30-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #36

Anyone have any idea how much the taxi would cost to get from Perth International Airport at 11pm at night to Hay Street?

My mum and I will be in Perth with my uncle and aunt from Feb 20th (11pm) 2015 till 24 Feb 2015 (8am).

I think all the airport buses would have stopped service runs for the day by the time we arrive so really appreciate some help here.

Also i think our trip is kinda short so if we do not intend to rent a car is there anywhere nearby to Hay Street that we can explore?

I think the taxi ride is about $50 based on memory
kevin301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #37

kevin is right. Around aud50 for taxi.
Around Hay Street, try the Murray and Hay Street malls for some window shopping. Visit King's Park. You can actually walk from Hay Street but I guess the steep steps leading to the park would be difficult for your elders. Still, try to visit the park as it is IMO the best attraction within Greater Perth area.
You can also go over to visit Fremantle area for perhaps a day.
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Okie thanks for the valuable advice on the travel itenairy.

Guess we will be doing a fair bit of shopping in the freemantle area and Hay and Murray street areas.

The taxi cost is really good cause when I checked the Perth airport website it said Aud $38 so I guess it hasn't been updated in a long time

leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #39

Okie thanks for the valuable advice on the travel itenairy.

Guess we will be doing a fair bit of shopping in the freemantle area and Hay and Murray street areas.

The taxi cost is really good cause when I checked the Perth airport website it said Aud $38 so I guess it hasn't been updated in a long time
$50-38=$12....
Is that gonna be a deal breaker?
Surely not, right?
Old 01-02-2015, 12:14 AM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just checked that resort. Wow it isint cheap. 1 night can cost around 300sgd. Lol. Too exp for me to fortfeit 1 night hotel and stay there.
wow 300sgd per nite is very expensive , haha above my budget liao lol ...
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

I took from sydney airport to chinatown area abt 25min is abt 35aud ...
At perth airport, we took bus 15aud to perth ambassador. We landed abt 10pm ... so we managed to get the last bus which stops at our hotel entrance. There are few hotels that the bus stops.

Nearby my hotel , there is pan pacific, goodearth ...
leonaheidern likes this.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

kevin is right. Around aud50 for taxi.
Around Hay Street, try the Murray and Hay Street malls for some window shopping. Visit King's Park. You can actually walk from Hay Street but I guess the steep steps leading to the park would be difficult for your elders. Still, try to visit the park as it is IMO the best attraction within Greater Perth area.
You can also go over to visit Fremantle area for perhaps a day.
We took free CBD bus to one of the stops, then walked over to kings park. we walked abt 10 min to reach there. Nice big park to relax and have a stroll ...
leonaheidern likes this.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #43
Supremacy Member

$50-38=$12....
Is that gonna be a deal breaker?
Surely not, right?
probably not but i have to explain to my mum and aunt and uncle about the price as its a business trip for my aunt and uncle and my mum and me are accompanying them cause we wanna get away from the cny.

maybe they need to ask for receipt who knows.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #44

probably not but i have to explain to my mum and aunt and uncle about the price as its a business trip for my aunt and uncle and my mum and me are accompanying them cause we wanna get away from the cny.

maybe they need to ask for receipt who knows.
hmmm I see.
If it's a business trip, and there is a fair amount of traveling about, it may be worthwhile to just rent a car from the airport upon arrival, and return it when you depart. Relatively hassle-free.
Certainly beats catching the cab many times. The only issue would be parking within the CBD, which can be quite pricey.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #45

hmmm I see.
If it's a business trip, and there is a fair amount of traveling about, it may be worthwhile to just rent a car from the airport upon arrival, and return it when you depart. Relatively hassle-free.
Certainly beats catching the cab many times. The only issue would be parking within the CBD, which can be quite pricey.

Speaking about parking at cbd, anyone have recommendation where to park at cbd?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.