Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pump petrol in Australia

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By samloi

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
Master Member

Pump petrol in Australia

Very interesting , the petrol stations within a 5 min drive has a range of price for the same petrol. Eg comparing shell 91 and shell 91
Can ranged from 130cents to 155 cents a little. Surprisingly both also got about equal customer. Wonder which Australians will so stupid go for the expensive one.

Pro tip , download the app PetrolSpy Australia
athletic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned

Use coles discount
sanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Master Member

Use coles discount
Yes if spend certain amount the receipt allows u to save 4cent. But it still may of be the the cheapest option

My most recent trip the last day then I downloaded the petrolspy app after a local told Me about it. Pump at VIBE for about 130cents only. Way cheaper than coles shell. 144-4c
athletic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #4

Some companies may have corporate contracts so drivers don't care how much it is - simply drive in and fill up at any price, at the company's expense.

Coles have 4 cents per litre off vouchers if you spend over $30 in its supermarket. Woolworths has a similar deal for their supermarket as well.

After that, Coles also gives you extra 10 cents off per litre if you spend $20 in store at the petrol station. Usually, most discounts can stack as well. Occasionally, Coles also have other discounts as well, but they may be more difficult to access for tourists. My record was 27 cents off per litre.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #5

For Credit card payment at Petrol stations Nowadays in MElbourne, is it Paywave as in same as Sg ,we just tap at card reader ?
What about unmanned stations ,do we need to slot credit card into the Fixed terminal and Do we need to use any PIN?
Since we are using a credit card from SG,does it mean we must wait for incoming OTP via our SG roaming SIM card so we need our SG tel number to be activated roaming?
owenowenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

For Credit card payment at Petrol stations Nowadays in MElbourne, is it Paywave as in same as Sg ,we just tap at card reader ?
What about unmanned stations ,do we need to slot credit card into the Fixed terminal and Do we need to use any PIN?
Since we are using a credit card from SG,does it mean we must wait for incoming OTP via our SG roaming SIM card so we need our SG tel number to be activated roaming?
Just tap, under $100 no need to sign/key in pin.

Those self paying kiosk, never try above $100 before.
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Very interesting , the petrol stations within a 5 min drive has a range of price for the same petrol. Eg comparing shell 91 and shell 91
Can ranged from 130cents to 155 cents a little. Surprisingly both also got about equal customer. Wonder which Australians will so stupid go for the expensive one.

Either most ppl don't care or can't be bothered.. some of them are not so street smart.

Yes the petrol spy app is like a god send.. but the onus is on the consumers to key in the correct amount.. so far i've been to multiple kiosk and introduced the app to the attendants there so they can update it real time
Old 27-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #8

I haven't seen a petrol station that doesn't accept paywave. Not sure what you mean by unmanned stations, but pumps here here are all self-service. You pump fuel, then go pay in the shops. (Or in some locations at night, you pay first then pump).
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

I haven't seen a petrol station that doesn't accept paywave. Not sure what you mean by unmanned stations, but pumps here here are all self-service. You pump fuel, then go pay in the shops. (Or in some locations at night, you pay first then pump).
There's a BP along St kilda where there is a self check out machine inside the station, key in your pump num and pay, i was blur AF when i went there the 1st time..
Old 28-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

same day?

the prices are different on different days. Irrc, Monday is the day where its cheaper
commie_rick likes this.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Use this to compare prices

It is still cheaper than sg

https://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/fuel...e/mobileSearch
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #12
High Supremacy Member

same day?

the prices are different on different days. Irrc, Monday is the day where its cheaper
For Melb, there's no cheapest day.. just have to check regularly.. only in Perth I think the cheapest day is Tues.. the cycle is fixed
Old 31-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
Great Supremacy Member

some people dont shop around because of time. cant be driving from petrol station to another to check out the prices. there are many people who couldnt be bothered as well. consumerism is a way of life here, people dont save that much
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.