Recommended service provider for day trip to Mount Buller

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
Hi!
We are heading to Mount Buller early next month and is looking to get some recommendations on reliable service provider whom we can engage for the day tour. Saw the complete list on Mount Buller website however, would prefer to obtain more info from those who have tried and tested the service.

Many thanks in advance.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those are the reputable ones which includes ski gear, lessons and ski pass for a day trip or with accommodation if you decide to stay over

lordnaj

Reaction score
I signed up with one called evergreen as they were the only one I could find who were willing to do different day return without charging double
Reviews were mixed for them though

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
Those are the reputable ones which includes ski gear, lessons and ski pass for a day trip or with accommodation if you decide to stay over
Way too many operators. So looking to get some feedback from those who have engaged them

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
I signed up with one called evergreen as they were the only one I could find who were willing to do different day return without charging double
Reviews were mixed for them though
You mean Extragreen? The reviews are quite extreme for them ya. Some mentioned to stay away at all cost while others seem quite ok. Cost aside, would you recommend their service?

lordnaj

Reaction score
You mean Extragreen? The reviews are quite extreme for them ya. Some mentioned to stay away at all cost while others seem quite ok. Cost aside, would you recommend their service?
I don't know, going there in 2 week's time!

lordnaj

Reaction score
but their prices are the best after all i've asked, i figured i just need the transport to and fro, can't go wrong right? cos I book my own hotel on Mt buller

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure what service you're looking for..

Usually the bus pick you up, drive you to mt buller, you collect your ski gear/pass then go for your lesson. After that, its your own time there, then they tell you when you need to return to the bus.

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
but their prices are the best after all i've asked, i figured i just need the transport to and fro, can't go wrong right? cos I book my own hotel on Mt buller
Hahaha.. I got the impression that you have already completed the trip.

Hopefully all goes well for you. Do share your experience once you return.

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
Not sure what service you're looking for..

Usually the bus pick you up, drive you to mt buller, you collect your ski gear/pass then go for your lesson. After that, its your own time there, then they tell you when you need to return to the bus.
Yeah.. true that! Just a service provider who would transport us to the mountain and return. But of course, I would want to gather as much info as I can before I eventually engage one.

Saw that Extragreen Holidays being the cheapest while Gray Line seems to be on the other end of the scale. With a price tag that is almost three times lesser than the price that the latter one is offering, that is why I'm wondering if there is indeed a vast difference in the service offered by the varying companies.

lordnaj

Reaction score
Yeah.. true that! Just a service provider who would transport us to the mountain and return. But of course, I would want to gather as much info as I can before I eventually engage one.

Saw that Extragreen Holidays being the cheapest while Gray Line seems to be on the other end of the scale. With a price tag that is almost three times lesser than the price that the latter one is offering, that is why I'm wondering if there is indeed a vast difference in the service offered by the varying companies.
from those online reviews, i gather it's the quality of the "tour guide" that goes along with the transport - which for us we probably don't care since we just want transport.

fyi extragreen charges extra $20 for interbank transfer outside of Australia - but still the cheapest. u can use DBS overseas remit for no extra charges

Iamabimmer

Reaction score
from those online reviews, i gather it's the quality of the "tour guide" that goes along with the transport - which for us we probably don't care since we just want transport.

fyi extragreen charges extra $20 for interbank transfer outside of Australia - but still the cheapest. u can use DBS overseas remit for no extra charges
Thanks for the heads up! Well noted on the bank charge if I decide to engage Extragreen eventually.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.