Rental car booking : online vs counter?

monsters2009

Reaction score
OK...got it.

Still tripcover cheaper. Next questio, 2WD excess damage by hertz is AUD4800, better to choose AUD4000 or AUD6000 excess cover plan from tripcover? understand some travel insurance will cover excess damage of the rental car too...

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u hv registered with hertz an acccount it gv u non supercover. If u bk as guest in Oz web, u get the supercover option.

I took the 20% with registered hertz account as the location n registration fee there is a difference betw. member and non-member.
Also, if more than 1 driver with same address, its non chargable.

Hmmm

My booking was done with hertz member log in and its a gold member thats why got 20%

if normal member only will see 15%

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
OK...got it.

Still tripcover cheaper. Next questio, 2WD excess damage by hertz is AUD4800, better to choose AUD4000 or AUD6000 excess cover plan from tripcover? understand some travel insurance will cover excess damage of the rental car too...

You save a few dollars per day with the 4000 excess cover plan, at the risk of paying $800 + fees/taxes/etc if things go wrong. Your call.

wrxkev

Reaction score
if u hv registered with hertz an acccount it gv u non supercover. If u bk as guest in Oz web, u get the supercover option.

I took the 20% with registered hertz account as the location n registration fee there is a difference betw. member and non-member.
Also, if more than 1 driver with same address, its non chargable.

that is cos when we register as a member we input our Singapore address. Once you log in as a member, it recognizes u are from Singapore and hence Supercover is not available to you anymore.

The only way to get supercover is book as a guest. But do note that once u choose super cover, the payment method jumps to "Pay Later" which i dont know why even thought u select "Pay Now" initially.

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahh thanks! didn't know we can cancel and rebook if that pay later option is choosen! thanks man!
Welcome!

Also, pay later can allow us to pay with Cash. So wont incur the credit card surcharge and exchange rate

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can pay in cash? I ask Hertz, the staff say cannot.
Strange...

As per their website

CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE
Pay Now Price quoted includes credit card surcharge.
Pay Later price is quoted based on cash payment and does not include credit card surcharge of 1.35% which will be applied at counter.
Rates for Optional Items are Exclusive of tax and other associated charges.

I will call again to check too

casualtraveller

Reaction score
Strange...

As per their website

CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE
Pay Now Price quoted includes credit card surcharge.
Pay Later price is quoted based on cash payment and does not include credit card surcharge of 1.35% which will be applied at counter.
Rates for Optional Items are Exclusive of tax and other associated charges.

I will call again to check too

ok. Please update when u know. Thanks . :)

Jane2

Reaction score
that is cos when we register as a member we input our Singapore address. Once you log in as a member, it recognizes u are from Singapore and hence Supercover is not available to you anymore.

The only way to get supercover is book as a guest. But do note that once u choose super cover, the payment method jumps to "Pay Later" which i dont know why even thought u select "Pay Now" initially.

i bk as member also get to chose pay later. 😊

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.