Rental car booking : online vs counter?

limchooc

Reaction score
From the Singapore Hertz website, there will be a 1.35% credit card charge for car rental in Australia if payment is by credit card.

Question is will they accept cash payment over the counter. If not is there any alternative to avoid these cc charge ?

My apology if this topic have been discussed before.

wrxkev

Reaction score
From the Singapore Hertz website, there will be a 1.35% credit card charge for car rental in Australia if payment is by credit card.

Question is will they accept cash payment over the counter. If not is there any alternative to avoid these cc charge ?

My apology if this topic have been discussed before.

there is no way to avoid that cc charge. And i dont think they accept cash payment over the counter due to security reason (thats what the Hertz counter staff told my frd when he was over there last week). In other words, LL suck thumb have to pay via cc with the surcharge.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
There isn't any practical way of avoiding the surcharge. What you can do is stick to visa or mastercard, which usually attract lower surcharges.

entrery

Reaction score
It seems most are mentioning Hertz when the first few threads had mostly Apex. Any idea if something happened with Apex (sorry I didn't go through all 100+ pages :p)? Going GC in late November and haven't booked a car yet, would you guys recommend Hertz over Apex? Think price difference quite significant.

Thanks!

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going Perth next week. How to see if need to pay for parking? How to pay? Need coins?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is no way to avoid that cc charge. And i dont think they accept cash payment over the counter due to security reason (thats what the Hertz counter staff told my frd when he was over there last week). In other words, LL suck thumb have to pay via cc with the surcharge.

Even for debit card ?

casualtraveller

Reaction score

Can pay cash if you have the exact amount. That is what i did for Hertz Perth Airport when i was there in August.

Last edited:

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
How is using uber/Grab (in Gold Coast/Perth) vs Car rental?

If it's just inside the city, you probably won't need a car or uber. If you want to go outside of the city areas (e.g. head towards MR), then that's a lot further than what uber is designed for, and, assuming you can find a driver taking you that far, it will cost substantially more than hiring car.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.