HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sydney 7-15 Jul

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2018, 12:12 AM   #1

Sydney 7-15 Jul

anyone tried to bring baby 6 months old on scoot? What's your experience.. thinking if should go for SQ/Emirates cos of baby, but now they no promo.
xorionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #2

anyone tried to bring baby 6 months old on scoot? What's your experience.. thinking if should go for SQ/Emirates cos of baby, but now they no promo.
Scoot doesn't provide bassinets on board.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Great Supremacy Member

not good for babies ears esp on smaller planes. even as adult, my ears is half nuk on each interstate work trip

so it is better for u to take proper big planes
Old 05-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #4

not good for babies ears esp on smaller planes. even as adult, my ears is half nuk on each interstate work trip

so it is better for u to take proper big planes
Not entirely true, as the 787 is very quiet. The small planes (737, A320) on interstate trips are very noisy though.

For longer flights, aim for the newest generation of aircraft - they are quieter, have higher pressure, and have higher humidity. But of course, a bassinet would come before any of these.

My wife and 4-month-old baby flew on the SQ A380 a week ago, the baby didn't even cry at all.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Great Supremacy Member

Not entirely true, as the 787 is very quiet. The small planes (737, A320) on interstate trips are very noisy though.

For longer flights, aim for the newest generation of aircraft - they are quieter, have higher pressure, and have higher humidity. But of course, a bassinet would come before any of these.

My wife and 4-month-old baby flew on the SQ A380 a week ago, the baby didn't even cry at all.
how to "AIM" not as if u can choose wor. not private jet leh
Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #6

how to "AIM" not as if u can choose wor. not private jet leh
They usually tell you which plane it is when you book. For airlines such as Jetstar and Scoot, the long-haul fleet is made up of 787s only so it can't be anything else. SIA usually uses 777 (which is quite noisy and is the older generation), A380, or A350 (new generation, although seats are tighter than the other 2), or the occasional A330 (old). Emirates fly the A380 to Melbourne as well. Qantas uses the old A330 (and rarely 747 - ancient dinosaur), with the exception of the soon-to-restart flight between Sydney and London via SG, which will be using the A380. For flights to Perth, some airlines use the small narrow body aircraft. Best to avoid if possible.

My personal picking order in terms of passenger/baby comfort would be A380 > A350 > 787 > 777 > A330 > 747 > everything else.

However, if you're not good at turbulence, take the 777 and 747 ahead of everything else, and sit near the wings.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Great Supremacy Member

They usually tell you which plane it is when you book. For airlines such as Jetstar and Scoot, the long-haul fleet is made up of 787s only so it can't be anything else. SIA usually uses 777 (which is quite noisy and is the older generation), A380, or A350 (new generation, although seats are tighter than the other 2), or the occasional A330 (old). Emirates fly the A380 to Melbourne as well. Qantas uses the old A330 (and rarely 747 - ancient dinosaur), with the exception of the soon-to-restart flight between Sydney and London via SG, which will be using the A380. For flights to Perth, some airlines use the small narrow body aircraft. Best to avoid if possible.

My personal picking order in terms of passenger/baby comfort would be A380 > A350 > 787 > 777 > A330 > 747 > everything else.

However, if you're not good at turbulence, take the 777 and 747 ahead of everything else, and sit near the wings.
paisei arh i hv very little choice huan,. its all about timing and company choice of airlines

mine is only 1 flight per day and it is only A330 thats y i say, can aim huan meh
Old 05-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #8

paisei arh i hv very little choice huan,. its all about timing and company choice of airlines

mine is only 1 flight per day and it is only A330 thats y i say, can aim huan meh
If it's all down to the schedule and you have a restricted choice of airlines, then that can be quite difficult. Fortunately most of us in this forum are choosing to fly for leisure and have a choice of airline.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Great Supremacy Member

hahaha... some places there is only singular direct flight even for leisure ...

anyway good to know the abv
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.