Transport from Gold Coast Airport to Brisbane city

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone suggest how can I get from Gold Coast airport to Brisbane city?
Airfare on Scoot to Gold Coast is so much cheaper than those arriving in Brisbane Airport but transport from Gold Coast to Brisbane seems difficult.

Thanks in advance.

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone suggest how can I get from Gold Coast airport to Brisbane city?
Airfare on Scoot to Gold Coast is so much cheaper than those arriving in Brisbane Airport but transport from Gold Coast to Brisbane seems difficult.

Thanks in advance.

Google search - coolangatta airport to brisbane

Results
https://www.goldcoastairport.com.au/parking-transport/transport

https://www.byronbayshuttle.com.au/locations/gold-coast-airport/brisbane-roma-st-bus-stop/2623/

getedmund

Reaction score
I live on the Gold Coast. It is definitely easier to drive. I would rent a car for pick up at Coolangatta airport and drop off in Brisbane in the city.

If you are looking at a private transport service the cost around $150 one way for a drive to pick you up and drop off.

Otherwise you can catch an uber to the nearest train station and catch the train to Brisbane.

If you are travelling in a group definitely get a private transport service to do it as the cost split out amongst 3-4 people won't be much different to taking the train.

funky05

Reaction score
I live on the Gold Coast. It is definitely easier to drive. I would rent a car for pick up at Coolangatta airport and drop off in Brisbane in the city.

If you are looking at a private transport service the cost around $150 one way for a drive to pick you up and drop off.

Otherwise you can catch an uber to the nearest train station and catch the train to Brisbane.

If you are travelling in a group definitely get a private transport service to do it as the cost split out amongst 3-4 people won't be much different to taking the train.

hi bro.. hows the parking at seaworld movieworld etc? or better to uber?

getedmund

Reaction score

Hey funky05 parking is free in most places on the Gold Coast. Parking is free all day at Seaworld and Movieworld and there is plenty of parking. So self driving is definitely the cheapest option.

Btw if any of you require accommodation, I operate an Airbnb business where I have a number of luxurious apartments in Southport, Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach for rent at a discount. Feel to PM if you are looking to book a holiday on the Gold Coast. And I will provide lots of local tips!

Awesom Andy

Reaction score

There are tons of parking. You can also catch public transport there if you must. Depending on your accommodation, some may also offer shuttles. Of course, a rental car is the easiest way, but then you're paying for the day's rental while having it parked at the car park for the day.

funky05

Reaction score
Hey funky05 parking is free in most places on the Gold Coast. Parking is free all day at Seaworld and Movieworld and there is plenty of parking. So self driving is definitely the cheapest option.

Btw if any of you require accommodation, I operate an Airbnb business where I have a number of luxurious apartments in Southport, Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach for rent at a discount. Feel to PM if you are looking to book a holiday on the Gold Coast. And I will provide lots of local tips!

Thanks.. drop u a pm soon once things are finalized on my end on the dates !

funky05

Reaction score
There are tons of parking. You can also catch public transport there if you must. Depending on your accommodation, some may also offer shuttles. Of course, a rental car is the easiest way, but then you're paying for the day's rental while having it parked at the car park for the day.

that's true.. but uber and taxi are ex there, i reckon?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.