Visa to Australia

eddypun

Reaction score
I went thru the Australian ETA app as well as the ImmiAccount. For Australian ETA App, there’s no option for document attachment submission. The email I received upon first submission cannot he replied to. For ImmiAccount, there could be only attachment submission upon applying a new ETA (subclass600) which currently I’m trying to get my subclass601 being approved. I understand from earlier post there’s a direct link to just submit the supportive documents which I have challenge finding. Could it be just the app’s temp technical glitch or am I missing something somewhere :(
Hi EK2022 and all,

I wish to clarify the situation here. I'm a Malaysian applying for AU ETA. Even I was confused when I got an e-mail asking me for more docs through the IMMI website - with the following steps:

Step 1: Click on this link: ETA form
<If you don't know how to get the link from the PDF, you can click this link)
online.immi.gov.au/elp/app?action=new&formId=ETA-AP-601

Step 2: Login or create an Immi Account
Step 3: Complete all questions in the online form

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO after you click on the link:

>> Once you create IMMI Account and log in, you should see a page with the header: Application for Electronic Travel Authority
>> Tick on this: I have read and agree to the terms and conditions
>> Click NEXT
>> You should see a page which asks you to fill in the following:
Original ETA application
Date of ETA application
ETA Reference number > This is the number which is attached to the PDF in your e-mail

*** If you don't see the above, means you are in the wrong page. Restart from Step 1 onwards.

>> Continue to fill in all details, attach all relevant documents and submit.
>> YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY ANY MORE

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO:
1. DO NOT click on <Go to my Account>
2. DO NOT click on <NEW APPLICATION>
3. DO NOT click on <IMPORT APPLICATIONS>

If you follow the steps above, you should be able to continue with the ETA application without having to pay extra. All the best!

eddypun

Reaction score
Update: I just got a reply from IMMI this afternoon that my ETA is granted!

So for those who are trying to apply and if you furnish the full required documents to prove that you are not going to overstay in AU - chances are your application will be granted...

All the best!

TSparkle

Reaction score
It seems it is now mandatory to use ETA apps for tourist/biz visa. Going through "3rd party service provider" becomes redundant, although they are still providing "the service" of ETA visa application. The providers will still require applicants to use the ETA apps, like new application through the apps. Applicants going through service provider will pay the service provider as well as application through the apps (A$20/pax).

cyberac

Reaction score
Hi EK2022 and all,

I wish to clarify the situation here. I'm a Malaysian applying for AU ETA. Even I was confused when I got an e-mail asking me for more docs through the IMMI website - with the following steps:

Step 1: Click on this link: ETA form
<If you don't know how to get the link from the PDF, you can click this link)
online.immi.gov.au/elp/app?action=new&formId=ETA-AP-601

Step 2: Login or create an Immi Account
Step 3: Complete all questions in the online form

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO after you click on the link:

>> Once you create IMMI Account and log in, you should see a page with the header: Application for Electronic Travel Authority
>> Tick on this: I have read and agree to the terms and conditions
>> Click NEXT
>> You should see a page which asks you to fill in the following:
Original ETA application
Date of ETA application
ETA Reference number > This is the number which is attached to the PDF in your e-mail

*** If you don't see the above, means you are in the wrong page. Restart from Step 1 onwards.

>> Continue to fill in all details, attach all relevant documents and submit.
>> YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY ANY MORE

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO:
1. DO NOT click on <Go to my Account>
2. DO NOT click on <NEW APPLICATION>
3. DO NOT click on <IMPORT APPLICATIONS>

If you follow the steps above, you should be able to continue with the ETA application without having to pay extra. All the best!
Hi bro, wanted to ask. I noted that there was a request to provide additional information that demonstrates you only intend a temporary visit to Australia, such as "Evidence of your employment or study in your country of residence or Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your visit"

Would providing either an employment contract or bank account statement be sufficient? What did you submit for this portion?

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys.. i'm travelling to melbourne next week.

i already applied and got my visa from the ETA app. Anything else I need to do/provide?

jim889

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, wanted to ask. I noted that there was a request to provide additional information that demonstrates you only intend a temporary visit to Australia, such as "Evidence of your employment or study in your country of residence or Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your visit"

Would providing either an employment contract or bank account statement be sufficient? What did you submit for this portion?

no fixed rule or document. anytyhing that can show what they wanted is enough. what you said should be enough.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.