Wedding bridal shop in Melbourne

firstxtimer

Reaction score
Hi people

Just want to check with you guys if any one of you know of any bridal shop in Melbourne as my fiancé and I are planning to take our pre wedding shoot in Melbourne. We want to rent the gowns from Melbourne itself and not bring it over from Singapore as it's heavy and waste luggage space

Thank you.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, i haven't seen a bridal shop here ever.. maybe that google search will help..

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw a program, Sydney road in Brunswick are where the bridal stores are.. over 100 of them..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea to hire one here unless you are going to be staying for a long time. Gowns will need to be altered, and it's not something done very quickly - not as quickly as SG, at least. Speaking of which, I don't know what the prices are in SG at the moment, but you might find it cheaper to add luggage space than to try to hire from Melbourne.

Another thing to keep in mind is that shoots are done very differently from SG (or Asia, in general). In SG, they seem to have a more specific tailored made program, while in Australia, it can be a much more informal affair - some can be as simple as turning up in your own clothes (any clothes) and they'll take photos of you 2 wandering around the beach and having fun for the next hour. You really need to know what you're in for, and, for best results, consider flying the SG-based photographer so you know what you are getting (although they won't know the best places to take photos).

And if Melbourne decides to rain on the days that you are here...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.