[Official] BlackBerry Priv: the Android Slider

Audris

Reaction score
Please try one of the updated sets. If I am not wrong, the units on demo are based on the first software release in nov/dec and not updated.

Recent updates in dec, jan and feb have targetted at the sluggish camera performance already. The units on demo does the device no justice.

No wonder.... I tried two different units. One at M1 and the other at Singtel. Both camera quality differs quite significantly. But even so, the quality is still not comparable to Samsung which I'm very satisfied now but a part of me wants this Priv badly too. Arghh! Hard to make a choice.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No wonder.... I tried two different units. One at M1 and the other at Singtel. Both camera quality differs quite significantly. But even so, the quality is still not comparable to Samsung which I'm very satisfied now but a part of me wants this Priv badly too. Arghh! Hard to make a choice.

It should improve.. their camera's sensors quite close... Plus plenty of software updates to it now, good choice to jump aboard :)

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy the priv as daily driver and keep the Samsung edge as secondary phone. Better still buy a bb passport Q30 as your daily driver instead. The keyboard will feel so much more better than the priv :p

Audris

Reaction score
buy the priv as daily driver and keep the Samsung edge as secondary phone. Better still buy a bb passport Q30 as your daily driver instead. The keyboard will feel so much more better than the priv :p

Samsung note edge is my main phone and I have an iPhone 6 as secondary phone. Wondering to replace Samsung or not. I'm a girl so as shallow as it sounds, the beauty mode of Samsung front cam is a really nice feature for me. Hahaha.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are 3rd party apps that allows you to do that too, both on ios and android

Samsung note edge is my main phone and I have an iPhone 6 as secondary phone. Wondering to replace Samsung or not. I'm a girl so as shallow as it sounds, the beauty mode of Samsung front cam is a really nice feature for me. Hahaha.

Inertiaholic

Reaction score
I can understand, as I left priv cos the camera just can't match Samsung be it front or back cam.

Kinda miss priv though.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should replacing the iphone leh. its camera both front and back, CMI and also the interface is less easy to use nor powerful compared to android :p

filberttcl

Reaction score

got my priv since day one, and i must say that the back camera is really good! photos taken are usually crisp, vibrant and looks lively enough by today's standards. u shouldnt compare it side by side with a samsung galaxy edge; priv may not be better but it is not any lousier either. it even takes pretty good images in low-light conditions, with my experience!

in fact, dxomark (a reputable mobile camera reviewer) ranked it on par with iphone 6s.
http://www.slashgear.com/dxomark-puts-blackberry-priv-on-par-with-iphone-6s-28419870/

now, that being said.. the front facing camera is a joke. so if u intend to take a lot of selfies with the priv, u may be disappointed.

otherwise, this phone is for u! because software-wise, it is clean and very close to stock android. touchwiz isnt all that bad, but blackberry's take on android is a lot more refined and professional. i hope this helps u make up your mind.

Last edited:

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
My UKarbon came, took about 1 week+ to arrive from UK. Went with the brushed gold back and carbon fibre side combination. The gold back looks different depending on ambient light source and the angle you are looking at it. Very high quality skin, the only gripe is that the edges may pick up some lint from your pants but I guess it's the best form of protection from scratches with minimal bulk for an almost-naked feel. Total damage $27.68 with 10% discount coupon.

7mTVegn.jpg

hQN17z1.jpg

aayKr5Y.jpg

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah getting more and more confused with everyone's feedback.. :s11:

Buy and try. If dun like then sell off lor. The that's the only way to know if phone is good fit for u since everyone's needs are different. The only leychey part is have to transfer data and setup between phones :p

Audris

Reaction score
Buy and try. If dun like then sell off lor. The that's the only way to know if phone is good fit for u since everyone's needs are different. The only leychey part is have to transfer data and setup between phones :p

complete agree, you shd buy!!

Yeah yeah I'm gonna give in to temptation. Looking for best deal now :D
Just wanna confirm something. This BB Priv can do all the other Android can right? Whatsapp widget is the most important feature of Android that I must have.

Wessleh

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I'm gonna give in to temptation. Looking for best deal now :D
Just wanna confirm something. This BB Priv can do all the other Android can right? Whatsapp widget is the most important feature of Android that I must have.

Yep! I just got mine for $600 from a brother out here. Yep, it can do everything other Androids can.

Anyone has an extra ukarbon skin to let go? Contact me please.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
can I ask the bros here: if a local set that does not come with a receipt but a IDA sticker at the back of the box, does it have warranty?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.