[Official] BlackBerry Q30 or Passport.

hsNg_90

Master Member
Reaction score
Letting go a 2 month old Blackberry Passport Silver Edition (Local Set) at $450, excellent condition with no scratches and dents. PM me for more details

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
IgGeQVQr.jpg

You can still use whatsapp but you will encounter this annoying prompt

Credits to garychengjw for this pic !!!

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently revived my original red BlackBerry Passport from the drawer (All thanks to UDCB group's poison). And i thought you guys might want to know if some apps still work on BlackBerry 10 in general.
Background : I've abused my Passport for a good 2 years before moving to the Priv. I did not wipe my Passport and all the apps tested below were already on my phone before it all went down. So I merely turned it on and started using immediately.

Messaging app

BBM - still available to download on BlackBerry World
BBM obviously still works. But if you had ported over your original BBID account over to android / KEYone, then you won't be able to move that account back. The only way is to create another new BBID to use BBM on BlackBerry 10 devices. Bear in mind that BBM pin on BlackBerry 10 devices are tagged to the devices, not by BBID
For more information, refer to Crackberry's link here

Gbwhatsapp (whatsapp alternative)
We all know Whatsapp stopped supporting BlackBerry 10 devices after 31 Dec 2017. There are many Whatsapp alternatives on the internet that you can sideload. I personally tried Gbwhatsapp because it was recommended by fellow bros. * disclaimer : sideload apk files at your own risk*

What it can do :
- Send/Receive messages
- Receive and download media
- Receive notifications in the hub and the app will show with red asterisk
What it cannot do :
- Send media files - will show error and ask you to try again
- Share location - no google play service installed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Social Media Apps

Native Facebook app
Does not work. It will prompt you to log out when you launch the app and if you do log out, you will not be able to log back in.

Alternative : Face10 app (By Nemory Studios)

What it can do :
- Works like normal Facebook app
- View pictures, play videos, commenting on posts
- Share outside to other messaging platforms (Whatsapp, BBM etc)
- Integrates with BlackBerry Hub for notification such as friend invites, tagged post, comment replies etc

Native Twitter app - still available in BlackBerry World
What it can do :
- Read, reply, retweet, view pictures / videos
- Share links to other messaging platforms (Whatsapp, BBM etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others

Transportation apps
SG AllBus app, SBS Transit IRIS, SG Buses - still available in BlackBerry World
Can download but cannot find GPS location

Crackberry app- still available in BlackBerry World
Works and runs well, can access to the forums

Sneak peek of my 4 year old Red passport

MB8QMtY.jpg

ghbBs7t.jpg

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for sharing this information. I never knew about gbwhatsapp. My Classic is now sitting in the cupboard, but it's good to know that WhatsApp may still work in the future. Now using a KEYone as well as an iPhone SE. Classic's keyboard is superior to the KEYone's, in my opinion.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Instagram alternative : Inst10 by Nemory Studios

What it can do:
- Post photos
- Browse insta posts (including viewing multiple photos post, playing videos)
- Search for ig handles, friends
- Explore photos, people
- Hub notifications

What it cannot do:
- Play insta stories
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carousell (sideload apk)

What it can do:
- Browse listings and offer
- Manage your listings
- Able to reply to buyer/seller

What it cannot do:
- Receive incoming carousell messages notifications(Google Play services is required for receiving push notifications. Alternatively, you can open the app to populate/"pull" the messages)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My M1 app - originally available on BlackBerry World
Does not work anymore.

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Update: Threw the Classic away after it refused to charge and refused to power on. Haiz. End of my BB10 experience!

Wow. Thanks for sharing this information. I never knew about gbwhatsapp. My Classic is now sitting in the cupboard, but it's good to know that WhatsApp may still work in the future. Now using a KEYone as well as an iPhone SE. Classic's keyboard is superior to the KEYone's, in my opinion.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.