www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   BLACKBERRY User Group (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/blackberry-user-group-292/)
-   -   Can use Whatsapp without BIS? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/blackberry-user-group-292/can-use-whatsapp-without-bis-2890357.html)

Senate97 23-08-2010 10:48 PM

Can use Whatsapp without BIS?
 
Hi,

Can I check if I can use 3G for my Whatsapp on Blackberry?

xtramadness 23-08-2010 10:52 PM

Why not? It only drains battery on the negative side.. (W/o bis)

Senate97 24-08-2010 08:13 PM

Hi,

How do i setup using 3G data plan for whatsapp on Blackberry?

I configure my TCP IP setting to Internet/65IDEAS/idea

doesn't seems to work

xtramadness 24-08-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senate97 (Post 48288064)
Hi,

How do i setup using 3G data plan for whatsapp on Blackberry?

I configure my TCP IP setting to Internet/65IDEAS/idea

doesn't seems to work

disable BIS push in whatsapp settings

Senate97 24-08-2010 09:00 PM

Sorry ah.. how do i disable that >.< still new to bold 9700.

xtramadness 24-08-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senate97 (Post 48289632)
Sorry ah.. how do i disable that >.< still new to bold 9700.

in whatsapp, go to options.

And also make sure that in
"manage connections" -> "mobile network options" -> Data services is set to ON or OFF WHEN ROAMING

redbeanie 14-03-2011 01:07 AM

Hi, sorry if this seems abit redundant. so with BIS Social can one use whatsapp? I don't think this was answered earlier in the thread..

Thanks :)

bimmernut 05-04-2011 09:12 PM

whats app settings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtramadness (Post 48290731)
in whatsapp, go to options.

And also make sure that in
"manage connections" -> "mobile network options" -> Data services is set to ON or OFF WHEN ROAMING

newbie here so please excuse me...just got my bb torch 9800 just downloaded the latest version of whats app..how do i get to the options menu? I can only see the settings options and it only have:

name:
system profiles
blocked contacts
default maps
save on media
message history

thanks for any help!

bobbystone 12-10-2011 12:02 PM

WhatsApp for bb can work over wifi.
 
Whatsapp for Blackberry will not work on regular Wifi/Wap, but it requires you to have a full BIS connection.

But there is a trick to make it works, by tunneling all data transmission via wifi/wap, i try the trick and it works perfect, read it yourself at:

www[dot]uniquestuff[dot]net /how_to_make_whatsapp_for_blackberry_works_on_wifi_without_bis.html

DeMoN7 12-10-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbystone (Post 60361004)
Whatsapp for Blackberry will not work on regular Wifi/Wap, but it requires you to have a full BIS connection.

But there is a trick to make it works, by tunneling all data transmission via wifi/wap, i try the trick and it works perfect, read it yourself at:

www[dot]uniquestuff[dot]net /how_to_make_whatsapp_for_blackberry_works_on_wifi_without_bis.html

U the best..haha..will give it a try

maoshan 11-01-2012 07:10 AM

hi i have try the method that u have share and i still getting the same erroe

sunsetbay 12-01-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbystone (Post 60361004)
Whatsapp for Blackberry will not work on regular Wifi/Wap, but it requires you to have a full BIS connection.

But there is a trick to make it works, by tunneling all data transmission via wifi/wap, i try the trick and it works perfect, read it yourself at:

www[dot]uniquestuff[dot]net /how_to_make_whatsapp_for_blackberry_works_on_wifi_without_bis.html

im able to get my whatsapp works w/o BIS & w/o configuring anything~ im using iphone plan, btw~ :s22:

melc_cyk 31-01-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senate97 (Post 48261174)
Hi,

Can I check if I can use 3G for my Whatsapp on Blackberry?

Of cos u can. Juz download whatsapp from appworld using wifi.

Once u r done with ur downloading, off ur wifi and log in Whatsapp.

Once u r in Whatsapp, go to settings, advanced settings, put BIS push to off. And u r done!!!

Happy Whatsapp-ing!

hollytree 01-02-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melc_cyk (Post 63710239)
Of cos u can. Juz download whatsapp from appworld using wifi.

Once u r done with ur downloading, off ur wifi and log in Whatsapp.

Once u r in Whatsapp, go to settings, advanced settings, put BIS push to off. And u r done!!!

Happy Whatsapp-ing!

My whatsapp kept in Updating which is step 4 of "initialization". I don't have bis or bes. But app world seems working fine on my 9700.

change to an older version 2.6, now seems ok.

And for most situation, my 9700 hang when start whatsapp. Have to do reset.

kianleongz 02-07-2012 12:31 PM

Hi all, im having alot of problem with my whatsapp where i get disconnected from whatsapp server almost daily! I have to redownload all over again the whole app when i get disconnected! Im using a BB 9360 using the latest OS and latest whatsapp version downloaded from whatsapp website. Im oso using a normal 12GB data plan from Starhub.

Does anyone face this problem too or have a solution to this?? Please help!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.