(FAQ) For Blackberries. Please read this before asking.

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont know about M1... SH, half a day... of course whether can setup the BIS acount is another matter.... took me a few calls and SH few reset to get it settled....:D

within 30 seconds. That's what wonders did for me. Activate, in 30 secs, the BB logo appeared. :eek:

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is possible

i sign for BIS social at singtel

then sign for bbom 1gb.

like that i can surf websites and go bbm?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No u cannot. Do note to use bbom will mean bis will be disabled as the apn has to be enabled.

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noted with thanks

guess i will just sign the bis 3gb from singtel

thats means i am fully covered right?

from bbm to surfing websites on opera

p9919332

Reaction score
Hi,

Apparently, starhub subscriber is unable to add BIS to an existing data plan. Every line can only have 1 x data plan.

I got this info from the sales guy. Can anyone verify this info?

Another notion:
If u have an existing data plan, and add on bis to it, it is still usable!! Some of u will be on multi-sim, where u can use the same line on a few sim cards/devices.
With bis and ur existing data plan, u still can use!

Ur blackberry usage (when using on bb), will be charged to bis. If u exceed on ur blackberry, the data plan u have will cover the additional data.
Ur other devices (ie, iphone, nokia, htc and etc..) Will be charged to the data plan that is existing. If u exceed, you will have to pay additional charges till the respective telco's price cap (If any)

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Apparently, starhub subscriber is unable to add BIS to an existing data plan. Every line can only have 1 x data plan.

I got this info from the sales guy. Can anyone verify this info?

SH don't allow BBOM and BIS to go together unfortunately.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All please take note that the FAQ may be down tomorrow as it migrates to a new server.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not entirely accurate but u get the idea.

When bis is active, u shld receive a msg "device registered" from the start.
From then on, u shld be under bis unless exceed or servic cancel

deepbluu

Reaction score
hey guys,

may i ask if there is a google maps app for bb?
and any radio apps that can be used for free just by using the bandwidth provided?

thanks alot!!

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Applied for BIS from M1 and got a SMS that BIS is activated

But there is no BB logo (to indicate that BIS is active), is there some switch/setting to activate it on the phone itself ? tried all sorts of settings but nothing

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i found the answer myself seconds later after posting :

First - if u on 3g, u will get a bb logo next to 3g - if u on 2g, ur gprs will turn to GPRS
Second - u will get a message from bb "ur device is registered"

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok - hope this question is not in FAQ

How do I receive/send emails from BB Torch ? BIS has been activated and I see all the logos/GPRS, so its activated for sure.

I've tried going to http://m1.blackberry.com/ but after entering the PIN and IMEI, it tells me I can't enter from browser. How else am I suppose to enter PIN/IMEI to get myself logged in ?

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn annoying, finally found out I needed to Create an ID before I login to AppWorld and such.

I thought my email wasn't working at all cos I could not retrieve my existing emails on the server. Sent myself a mail and received it, so that means email settings etc. are all good to go.

But what about retrieving my old emails ? on iphone/android/nokia's I can retrieve my older emails via imap server.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.