Official Blackberry 9780 Non-camera

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the headsup, got confused along the way, i was referring to the flexi plan. i thought that was a 3gb data package, but im looking at singtel now, it says 15gb. looks like im getting it tomorrow or so, need to clarify some issue with the guy i spoke to just now. thanks all!

Which guy? :eek:

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
hey all i notice singtel has no data cap, which means the bill can sky rocket if i accidently switch something on un-knowingly. unlike M1 which has a 22.45 datacap. i know someone posted that with fb usage, 44/7 whatsapp and twitter and all, uses about 400mb of data only?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u really believe u can finish 15gb of data on a bb? :s8:

hey all i notice singtel has no data cap, which means the bill can sky rocket if i accidently switch something on un-knowingly. unlike M1 which has a 22.45 datacap. i know someone posted that with fb usage, 44/7 whatsapp and twitter and all, uses about 400mb of data only?

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, first of all a big thanks for the FAQ! Secondly, it doesn't mention anything bout different telecos, other then the subject which states
Singtel 1 gb BIS is the only plan that doesnt do the things that is listed.

surf the internet
use RIM’s official applications and services, and
use 3rd party applications.

So does getting a 3gb plan solve the situation ? Thanks again ! :)

Singtel has a 1GB BIS VAS that does the same as the 3GB one.

They also have the 1GB BIS value which does pushmail/bbm only. Gotta read it carefully.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel has a 1GB BIS VAS that does the same as the 3GB one.

They also have the 1GB BIS value which does pushmail/bbm only. Gotta read it carefully.

Actually, my friend on 1gb was charged for data. That's why I cease mentioning it here, for now.

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
If I stream video and tether, it eats the flexi data(15gb) right ? Or does it consume the BIS(3gb data).
To my understanding , the BIS data is used for push, bbm and 3rd party application right ?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I stream video and tether, it eats the flexi data(15gb) right ? Or does it consume the BIS(3gb data).
To my understanding , the BIS data is used for push, bbm and 3rd party application right ?

By right is in bis. But actually, not much difference since overflow from 3gb will be covered by 12gb. Read the faq (which u said u did) bro

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro of 9780 can advice me on this..

1) can the phone plug to the pc and surf net instantly? Mean using the phone as a modem?

2) is the phone laggy...? what are the main issues thanks...:o

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro of 9780 can advice me on this..

1) can the phone plug to the pc and surf net instantly? Mean using the phone as a modem?

2) is the phone laggy...? what are the main issues thanks...:o

Nakedtoes,

have you read the FAQ? if you did, question 1 is answered. If not, go read it up.

main issues is, people no money, want use bb, and say bb plans very expensive.
hmm.. if ur jumping from apple or andriod, lack of apps aka games/multimedia is another issue i see.
Battery life isnt an issue.
Laggy or not, depends on one's perspective. Its a pretty solid phone overall (if not, companies will not rely on it)
:yawn:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes,

have you read the FAQ? if you did, question 1 is answered. If not, go read it up.

main issues is, people no money, want use bb, and say bb plans very expensive.
hmm.. if ur jumping from apple or andriod, lack of apps aka games/multimedia is another issue i see.
Battery life isnt an issue.
Laggy or not, depends on one's perspective. Its a pretty solid phone overall (if not, companies will not rely on it)
:yawn:

the HWZ server is having database problem.. if ok do provide me an answer to question 1..

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ok thanks.... looks like BB wo BIS is no do...

yesh bro.

Dont expect to be helped w/o BIS as most of the help topics for that category is based on data connection. Very recently, lawyer letters was sent just for assisting in the above mentioned.

So, yea.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yesh bro.

Dont expect to be helped w/o BIS as most of the help topics for that category is based on data connection. Very recently, lawyer letters was sent just for assisting in the above mentioned.

So, yea.

sad.. i am thinking of changing my non cam HTC touch..:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.