HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thinking of switching back to BB ...some qns

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
STJ

Thinking of switching back to BB ...some qns

Hi guys,
Am thinking of switching back to blackberry as my google apps doesn't work in china 90% of the time and they've even blocked out VPN.

1) Will BB BIS roaming work in China?
2) Can it handle xls, doc, pdf attachments well now? My last BB was a BB curve...
3) When I subscribe to BB BIS as a VAS, BIS will use the "1gb" for only BB emails and all other things like youtube, whatsapp, etc will use from my main data plan?
4) I know that you can now install android apps, but can anyone help me check if the CIMB Itrade Singapore trading platform work ??

thanks a mil!
Cheers
STJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 01:57 PM   #2

i don't think BB 10 devices need BIS plans anymore. Am using a BB Classic, handling word, excel, PDF are ok. Android apps can be found in Amazon App store.

I use iPhone & BB, like the combination of both as BB is quite user friendly too.
jk_eugenetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
STJ

Hey many thanks for the reply. Does that mean that the BB10 device will use IMAP/POP3/Activesync like any other android phone? My aim is to be able have my blackberry device "pull" email from my corporate Google apps account then push it to my blackberry. Is this doable via BB10??
Old 31-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #4

Hey many thanks for the reply. Does that mean that the BB10 device will use IMAP/POP3/Activesync like any other android phone? My aim is to be able have my blackberry device "pull" email from my corporate Google apps account then push it to my blackberry. Is this doable via BB10??
I believe it uses IMAP/POP3. pulling of your files from gmail and my corporate mail via IMAP; google apps i am not so sure though
jk_eugenetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #5

I was a loyal user of BB till my company decided to use Afaria to connect to mail server. That's where I change to Android. You'll first have to confirm first that your work mail server will allow BB devices to connect.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #6
Master Member

Hi guys,
Am thinking of switching back to blackberry as my google apps doesn't work in china 90% of the time and they've even blocked out VPN.

1) Will BB BIS roaming work in China?
2) Can it handle xls, doc, pdf attachments well now? My last BB was a BB curve...
3) When I subscribe to BB BIS as a VAS, BIS will use the "1gb" for only BB emails and all other things like youtube, whatsapp, etc will use from my main data plan?
4) I know that you can now install android apps, but can anyone help me check if the CIMB Itrade Singapore trading platform work ??

thanks a mil!
Cheers
1) BlackBerry 10 devices don't need BIS now. Normal data plan will do.
2) Docs to Go app pre installed in the BlackBerry can view and edit doc xls Pdf.
3) see point 1
4) i tried downloading the CIMB trade app from Google play store (sideloaded ; see Crackberry forums on how to do it) . It loads fine on the login screen (don't have an account with them, so I can't try further)
Fragum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
STJ

Thanks all! pulled the trigger for a passport yesterday..everythings' looking good!
Old 01-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

u can download Amazon store in ur bb device and u can download android apps from ur phone directly without the need to download apk and side load them
chenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
STJ

Thanks all again. You guys probably know this already but I found an apk called "1mobile market" and I've found everything I needed so far using this app.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #10
Master Member

Thanks all again. You guys probably know this already but I found an apk called "1mobile market" and I've found everything I needed so far using this app.
You can directly download the apk file and install the app also
Fragum is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.