Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

jeff85

Reaction score
i jus bought a used blackberry set from a hp shop and i didn't know that the previous mus release the pin before he sell. so i immediately check my set if the pin is lock. And indeed, the pin is lock. so i called m1 ( the set is from m1) and talk to the cso and after some verification, they finally release the pin. So my point is, its not the end of the world if u discover the pin is lock. jus call the respective telco and ask them to release can already. provided the previously user did not report lost of his phone or anything. hope this info helps......

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have lost my BB Bold 2 recently and called M1 to get them to ask BB to black list my lost bold2 pin. Anyway to test if the PIN has being blacklisted?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go to OTHER telco webby and try registering the pin + imei. If blacklisted = the problems seen in e screenshot.

I have lost my BB Bold 2 recently and called M1 to get them to ask BB to black list my lost bold2 pin. Anyway to test if the PIN has being blacklisted?

bobobibi

Reaction score
So if were to buy till a export set. How do we check if it's not a pin locked/suspended set? Thanks

bobobibi

Reaction score
Okay i have read. So tat means, b4 buying, we shld actually get the pin and imei from the seller first to check for confirmation?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cuz. But some may not give u citing security reasons until the deal time. Hence u need internet when dealing.

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
posting this for awareness

Last week, a lot of customers came to me with the same problem. (PIN Suspended/KB Problems/BB BIS Coverage Problems)

all of them bought their "new" bb bold 9000 @ $350-$480 at the same shopping mall.

exterior cosmetics are totally brand new but the interior are all refurbished & CHINA Clones sets

They were told that the phone is brand new. But from what i see, the box is crap. My 2nd hand boxes are better condition than what they have.

Pls beware of such scenarios:

1) Accessories inside the box must be properly packed with the usual plastic bags.
2) The box must not look CRUMPLED, no creased lines on any sides / surfaces of the box
3) The white sticker behind the phone which contains information like the IMEI No. , PIN etc - must not be poorly printed. You should be able to judge a poorly printed words/numbers lah...
4) Behind the midplate (Bold 9000 only) near the flash lens, must not have a clear sticker covering the flash lens. If there is, it might be a refurbed set too. Brand new sets from Local Telcos does not have the lens film on it.

Few of my customers went back to the shop and confronted them. but they failed to replace another set for them.

I won't name which shop cos i dun wan trouble. don't bother to pm me for the name of the shop too. :)

errr Bro, can at least hint which "location"... e.g. Chinatown, Scott Road, Orchard Road, Lor Ulu Ulu..... :D... cause I going to get one, dont wanna go to that Black Shop.... :s8:... kum sia

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah wah. Ps: one of the screwed up shop owner also in this forum section posting :eek:

rwheatla

Reaction score
errr Bro, can at least hint which "location"... e.g. Chinatown, Scott Road, Orchard Road, Lor Ulu Ulu..... :D... cause I going to get one, dont wanna go to that Black Shop.... :s8:... kum sia

I know which place he is talking about because I've taken my device there for himto look at the keyboard.

Picked up a 9000 back in August from a shop on the ground floor of SLS called Evolution Gaming LLC

I checked that the PIN etc is ok before I left the shop however the keyboard doesnt work very well at all :(

Be warned!!

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
I know which place he is talking about because I've taken my device there for himto look at the keyboard.

Picked up a 9000 back in August from a shop on the ground floor of SLS called Evolution Gaming LLC

I checked that the PIN etc is ok before I left the shop however the keyboard doesnt work very well at all :(

Be warned!!

Thank Bro.... haaa okie lar... other than computer stuff, Home Theatre and camera stuff.... I dont buy phone from there.....

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't buy any electronic there rah. Plastic maybe can... ;)

He's here watching. Ask me on the encrypted bbm ;)

haaaa that's okay lar.. cause for Cam and some eletronic stuff, knew the staff at the shop... so call long time customer.... anyway dont buy often.....

hmmm..... got to get one firstr leh... damn the 9800 I saliva drip and drip but too ex for me lar.... :s8:

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't drip on ur com/phone!! :s21:

haaaa that's okay lar.. cause for Cam and some eletronic stuff, knew the staff at the shop... so call long time customer.... anyway dont buy often.....

hmmm..... got to get one firstr leh... damn the 9800 I saliva drip and drip but too ex for me lar.... :s8:

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway finally settle SH side..... kao....

For those in my situation..... remember this.....

1. if you are having a Smartsurf 100 and wanted to use BIS, Cannot
2. Need to change plan to Power Value100 then can subscribe to BIS
3. And No, you do not need to pay S$117.70 "downgrading"
4. As PV100 and SS100 are under the same low price tier, there will only be an Admin Fee of S$10++ for change of plan
5. If example you have a BB and a Iphone, you wanna use both... CAN
6. Subscribe to Multi-SIM (one time charge of S$21++ for the card, S$10++ for the registration) and extra S$5++ per month.... the primary SIM card use for your BB and secondary card use for Iphone
7. Both the phone will utilise the 1GB BIS, with cap at S$36++
8 And CONFIRM, the cap of S$36++, INCLUDE the monthly charges of S$13++

Taken off from SH Web:

4.The maximum cap charges at $36.38 per month to BlackBerry Premium data plan includes the monthly charges and applies only to local data traffic. The customer will be charged at the prevailing rates for data traffic used outside of Singapore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.