HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Kindle Oasis announced!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #121

i'm considering to buy the Kindle Oasis 7" but worried about how to acquire the ebook titles from Amazon marketplace.

Do I have to create a US account? Or use some kind of VPN to change my locality to USA?

My intention is the read technical books for certification exams, like textbooks from Wiley or Sybex.

Regards,
sedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #122

i'm considering to buy the Kindle Oasis 7" but worried about how to acquire the ebook titles from Amazon marketplace.

Do I have to create a US account? Or use some kind of VPN to change my locality to USA?

My intention is the read technical books for certification exams, like textbooks from Wiley or Sybex.

Regards,
I would not really recommend a Kindle for this kind of purpose because you need jump from place to place when you read technical manuals/textbook. A paper version is still better I feel.

A device like an iPad that has a bigger screen may be better if you really prefer an electronic device.
jeffyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #123

Yep. I agree with Jeff.
Kindle is better if use on ebook reading, occasional pdf reference is fine. Refresh for pdf i find it “slow”.

Want to refer to pdf, a tablet or ipad will be a better choice.

Kindle wise, thiere are people who use vpn, buy voucher and buy ebook. There are also some use credit card and download directly..
nicepal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #124

Haven't had an issue with my first Kindle (forgot the model with the chiseled buttons on the sides) in terms of using it to purchase directly from the Kindle over wifi. That's cus my account is set as a US account. But my payment is directly from my debit card.

Question is if I can do that if I were to get the Kindle oasis as well. Have they changed any rule to prevent this?

Aside from that, any recommendation on the cheapest place to get the Oasis?
Kooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #125

Regards,
Just direct buy with your card loh.
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.