Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it worked normally on my windows 10. try plugging into usb2.0 port. i think it didn't work on usb 3.0 sometimes. similiar issue for my usb2.0 hdd on usb3.0 port.
Anyone has the same issue when plugging in their kindle on windows 10, the device not being recognized?

Still charge normally but can't add books manually or safely disconnect :(. Last time on windows 7 no such problem.

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to check is just login with your amazon account with local address and see if you can see any kindle books. If its blocked it will show title not available.

I bought both my Kindles PW 3 and PW 4 from geekbite on lazada.

Have been using local address to buy all my books from Amazon. So far no issue. Out of habit I still buy them through gift card and the Amazon website on the computer instead of through the kindle device just to be safe :D:D.

It is 189.99 , more expensive , did you choose it over others because of the screen protector and the pouch ?

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is 189.99 , more expensive , did you choose it over others because of the screen protector and the pouch ?

Nope the pouch is crap, the material is extremely rough. I don't use screen protector on my kindle. Heard bad experience about having screen protector on kindle.

I bought my PW3 from geek bite about 2-3 years back. During that time there were not many kindle resellers. Geekbite was one of the cheapest and had the most positive feedback.

Later on I bought PW4. A lot more resllers now. Theirs wasn't the cheapest but so far my PW3 still going strong. Did a comparison with the other resellers was only about $5-$10 cheaper. So decided to just patron Geekbite again despite the slightly higher price for peace of mind. :):)

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope the pouch is crap, the material is extremely rough. I don't use screen protector on my kindle. Heard bad experience about having screen protector on kindle.

I bought my PW3 from geek bite about 2-3 years back. During that time there were not many kindle resellers. Geekbite was one of the cheapest and had the most positive feedback.

Later on I bought PW4. A lot more resllers now. Theirs wasn't the cheapest but so far my PW3 still going strong. Did a comparison with the other resellers was only about $5-$10 cheaper. So decided to just patron Geekbite again despite the slightly higher price for peace of mind. :):)

Thanks for sharing !

shiyuan

Reaction score
kindle noob here

hi Kindle gurus,

i'm interested in getting a PW4. now amazon selling about SGD170.

however, would like to check the usability. can Kindle use libby ? or we can only buy from ebooks from amazon?

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi Kindle gurus,

however, would like to check the usability. can Kindle use libby ? or we can only buy from ebooks from amazon?

I saw a kindle on shopee usual price 189 , tomorrow will be 169

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi Kindle gurus,

Can Google for this : no , you cannot use libby
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1N0Y6YWP71SBN/

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I use Libby or OverDrive on e-Readers?

NLB currently does not purchase and support eBooks in Kindle or Nook formats as they are not officially available to the Singapore market.

https://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/Main/Help/HowDoI

A built-in OverDrive feature is available in Kobo eReaders. Since Nov 2019, this feature has been compatible in Singapore. The built-in OverDrive feature is only available for these Kobo eReaders:

Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Forma
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Clara HD

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Same same.....bought PW3 2/3 years back lol. still going strong.
damn....need an excuse to get the OASIS.

BTH already :s22::s22:

shroomy

Reaction score
Just sharing my experience here.
I bought PW4 from a seller on Carousell, named yunnnn.
$170 for 8GB and $220 for 32GB, excluding shipping fee.

It comes with ad, I googled and most people contact amazon customer service and they helped to remove the ad free. The guy who answered my enquires did help me. I’ve seen some people saying that some might not help.

I was able to buy kindle ebooks on amazon without using US address/gift cards/VPN initially. However, recently they did not allow me to buy books. Not sure what’s the issue. Anyway, I changed my address using one of the address provider by a forwarder. Used gift cards instead of credit card and VPN too.
The VPN I used is Windscribe. 2gb/month free without an account. Signed up an account and got 10gb/month. Not sure how true is the per month thing, just started using it only.
Without VPN, I am still able to browse the books, I only on it when I am ready to purchase the book.

grande5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same same.....bought PW3 2/3 years back lol. still going strong.
damn....need an excuse to get the OASIS.

BTH already :s22::s22:

get the refurbished version. do some amazon magic and you'll find it. I think I got mine at the mid 200sgd refurbished. sent my friend a link too and he purchased it for his wife.

honestly not sure how I found the link.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
if u have a bag , then ok lor.

its like slightly wider than those paperback novel ( dunno anyone still remember those lolx)

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
the red color below is the oasis, brown is the paperwhite.
oasis cover, the problem is the left flap is sorta flopping around unbalanced. i guess too many ppl complaint / return / refunded the original cover design , so now is all full protection type and u cant take the cover off easily.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.