HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

Like Tree191Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #3211

Kindle form Amzon.com to SG?

Hello community,

Can someone explain / point to earlier posts - on how to order a kindle from Amazon.com to SG

1. I remember the free Amazon shipping to SG is no more
2. I tried to order to forwarder from Amazon.com [ezbuy, comgateway, vpost and couple more] - all the forwarder address seem to be blocked and Amazon cannot deliver to those addresses.

So how are people ordering these days?

Thanks, waiting to hear current experiences !

Last edited by ysrini; 05-09-2018 at 11:38 AM..
ysrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #3212
Master Member

I purchased my paperwork from Lazada in June of 2017. The price paid at the time was just ever so slightly more expensive compared to the price from Amazon, so I went for it to avoid all the hassle. I purchased the Ads version and after following some online guides, I'd emailed Amazon to have the Ads deactivated for free.

It still serves me well today.
BirdbrainZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #3213
jf

Hello community,

Can someone explain / point to earlier posts - on how to order a kindle from Amazon.com to SG

1. I know the free shipping, shipping to SG is no more
2. I tried to order to forwarder from Amazon.com [ezbuy, comgateway, vpost and couple more] - all the forwarder address seem to be blocked and Amazon cannot deliver to those addresses.

I bought mine from a local online ereader store. Was more expensive than from amazon, but I opted for this in order to avoid any hassles with delivery and warranty.

Over a decade of professional, battle-tested Linux consulting and services
jf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #3214

Hello community,

1. I remember the free Amazon shipping to SG is no more

[1] was never possible if you wanted to buy a Kindle. [2] just started very recently for the first time in 10 years. Same thing with Japanese sets (they will immediately threaten your account with a ban if you try.) Currently I'm getting from Amazon China as they are still not blocking overseas sales.
jeffyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #3215

I bought mine from a local online ereader store. Was more expensive than from amazon, but I opted for this in order to avoid any hassles with delivery and warranty.
The set that you've got. What plugs does it come with?
Aftermarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #3216
Supremacy Member

The set that you've got. What plugs does it come with?
all kindles are shipped with a 2 pin plugs.
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #3217

all kindles are shipped with a 2 pin plugs.
I think this has not been true for a few years now. Current kindles only include a normal usb cable.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #3218
jf

I think this has not been true for a few years now. Current kindles only include a normal usb cable.
that is indeed the case for me. No charger at all, just a usb cable.

Over a decade of professional, battle-tested Linux consulting and services
jf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #3219
Supremacy Member

hope they release a new PaperWhite with USB-C, really hope to phase out USB-A :3
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #3220

Hello community,

[1] was never possible if you wanted to buy a Kindle. [2] just started very recently for the first time in 10 years. Same thing with Japanese sets (they will immediately threaten your account with a ban if you try.) Currently I'm getting from Amazon China as they are still not blocking overseas sales.
Is the forwarder address ban limited to Kindle ereaders?

Cause I just shipped an item from Amazon US to vPost last week without issues.
valentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #3221

Is the forwarder address ban limited to Kindle ereaders?

Cause I just shipped an item from Amazon US to vPost last week without issues.
You have to try to ship specifically Kindles to see this issue.
Old 17-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #3222

Encountered the same issue and actually talked to a CS about it. The CS couldn't give me a definite answer on the issue and simply suggested that it was a possibility that new Kindles could not be forwarded. Like you, I tried all forwarding companies but it didn't work. I decided to go for a refurbished version that was on sale and there were no restrictions nor limitations. The refurbished kindle looked new and is still working well. Definitely saved a lot of money compared to prices here.

My experience tells me that they probably restricted the forwarding of new kindles but not for refurbished ones.
cyrodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #3223

has anyone really confirmed from amazon US representative that there really is a ban for the forwarders in purchasing kindle?
Werew0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:17 PM   #3224

Looks good tho
Cara70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.