HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

Like Tree204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #3421

Amazon launches local online store in Singapore with wider selection including Kindle

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/amazon-launches-local-online-store-in-singapore-with-wider-selection-including-kindle

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=kindle&ref=is_s

Six different models are available on Amazon.sg

Book lovers can also access a selection of over 15 million books, including books from Books Depository and Amazon's local and international selection.
_dXter likes this.

Last edited by hwsstx; 09-10-2019 at 08:23 AM..
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #3422
Supremacy Member

Amazon launches local online store in Singapore with wider selection including Kindle

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...cluding-kindle

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=kindle&ref=is_s

Six different models are available on Amazon.sg

Book lovers can also access a selection of over 15 million books, including books from Books Depository and Amazon's local and international selection.
prime member can access book for free or not?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #3423

My amazon kindle cover just broke. 5 years old. I think it was due to plastic fatigue (cracked due to the magnetic pull when the cover was opened). The metal piece on the right (picture) was pulled out and stayed with the front cover magnet.

Old 15-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #3424
Supremacy Member

can Kindle be used to read borrowed books from national library board? Kind of restricted. iPad can be used to read magazine/ books whereas kindle better for books. Of course, iPad will cause more eye fatigue
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 05:55 AM   #3425
Arch-Supremacy Member

Feel like buying oasis sia lol 😂 wanna upgrade le
netzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #3426

Planning to get the latest Oasis (Champagne , 32 gb with special offers) from Amazon, which forwarder is the cheapest way to have it sent to Singapore?

Saw that the Amazon SG does not carry this model
skinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 01:35 AM   #3427
Arch-Supremacy Member

Planning to get the latest Oasis (Champagne , 32 gb with special offers) from Amazon, which forwarder is the cheapest way to have it sent to Singapore?

Saw that the Amazon SG does not carry this model
damn...you're tempting me lol. i'm also quite damn keen on the Oasis, but need 32gb meh?
can put super super a lot of books in lor..
i'm using Paperwhite 4gb, used ~3gb, have 600++ over books already inside, 32gb would be damn hardcore sia
Old 17-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #3428

damn...you're tempting me lol. i'm also quite damn keen on the Oasis, but need 32gb meh?
can put super super a lot of books in lor..
i'm using Paperwhite 4gb, used ~3gb, have 600++ over books already inside, 32gb would be damn hardcore sia

I have the Voyage, 4 GB, not enough, need to keep deleting the books after reading. If you have audio books then 4 GB definitely not enough. Audio books are good if you are driving.

Did some researched, think EZbuy is still the cheapest. But damn...its damn ex....almost $400 a pop. But I love the press buttons!

Not sure if Amazon Black Fridays will have sale on this model, seems unlikely. But just wait out a few more days I guess.
skinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #3429
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have the Voyage, 4 GB, not enough, need to keep deleting the books after reading. If you have audio books then 4 GB definitely not enough. Audio books are good if you are driving.

Did some researched, think EZbuy is still the cheapest. But damn...its damn ex....almost $400 a pop. But I love the press buttons!

Not sure if Amazon Black Fridays will have sale on this model, seems unlikely. But just wait out a few more days I guess.
Ah icic.....true also... now I left 1gb+ more to go from my kindle paperwhite lol. I think a 8gb Oasis would be good for me already haha since I don’t have audio books.

Ya man...I think at least close to $400 for the oasis alone and need another $50 for a good leather cover too lol.

I’m quite keen on the oasis cause bigger size mah... easier to read, intend to use it at home only as it’s quite huge lol. Kindle paperwhite is the best size to carry around haha 🤣

Damn tempted la, it’s the Ferrari of ebook readers lol
Old 17-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #3430
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe can try Qoo10 too? I bought my paperwhite from there.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.