HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

Like Tree213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #3481

Bad experience from ValueBestAsia. Pls dun buy from them not sure about other seller in qoo10.

I bought the Kindle PW last week and received the kindle on Saturday. When i open up, i was surprise to see a black/ grey dead pixel on the device and contacted the seller. The seller was slow in responding and ended fwd me a note that they do not accept any exchange for 3 or below dead pixels.

So i went to contact Amazon and was referred to Amazon.co.jp, Amazon is not able to ship an replacement to me unless I have a Japanese address, I tried to ask if able to ship to a forwarder but they said cannot.

Anyone got experience dealing with Amazon.co.jp before?

i bought my paperwhite 2 years ago.

pros
insane battery life. i can use it for days and battery life is still good
can store many books

cons
not so good when reading epub formats
screen light not so good for the eyes in the long term
it has a very old school feel when reading stuff on the kindle

i bought the paperwhite and casing from here.
https://www.qoo10.sg/shop/valuebestasia
osmond19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:45 AM   #3482

Do you guys use a screen protector with your PW4?

I have it on but I have been thinking of taking it off.
Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #3483

Any differences between US and Jap? I’m planning to buy kindle and jap version is $10 cheaper.
eq2addict likes this.
adrakchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #3484

Any differences between US and Jap? I’m planning to buy kindle and jap version is $10 cheaper.
Please don't as you can't get support if something goes wrong.
jeffyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #3485

Get the US version if the price difference is really just $10
freshvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #3486

Hi there,

Recently my kindle 7th generation.
When try to sign in. It shows some error like "There is an error, please try again later". When I restart the device several times. It still doesn't work. Please note the device is latest version at 5.12.3
twinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #3487
Master Member

mine is the jap version but they don't deliver here. need to use tenso and the delivery price add up could be more than $10.

few years ago , mine was way more cheaper & can cover the delivery.

it was still work so far . no issues , anything i can contact amazon japan. only problem is the delivery & must talk japanese.
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #3488
Master Member

Bad experience from ValueBestAsia. Pls dun buy from them not sure about other seller in qoo10.

I bought the Kindle PW last week and received the kindle on Saturday. When i open up, i was surprise to see a black/ grey dead pixel on the device and contacted the seller. The seller was slow in responding and ended fwd me a note that they do not accept any exchange for 3 or below dead pixels.

So i went to contact Amazon and was referred to Amazon.co.jp, Amazon is not able to ship an replacement to me unless I have a Japanese address, I tried to ask if able to ship to a forwarder but they said cannot.

Anyone got experience dealing with Amazon.co.jp before?
that's cos you bought from those 3rd party seller , amazon japan wont entertain you unless you are the holder of the amazon account that bought the kindle in the first place ( not the one that is registered to the kindle currently)

for kindle warranties , all my kindles & ebooks was bought from either amazon US or amazon japan. when contact customer service , they are always more flexible n offer more stuff like coupon for next purchase or expedite shipping etc etc
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:36 PM   #3489

Hi there,

Recently my kindle 7th generation.
When try to sign in. It shows some error like "There is an error, please try again later". When I restart the device several times. It still doesn't work. Please note the device is latest version at 5.12.3
I just check with the amazon team.

The solution are standard.
May I know the device serial number for the Kindle ?
Yes the 40 seconds would be the restart. Please press the power button for 40 seconds
Okay, Have you tried by connect it to another Wifi network, Such as Phone internet ?
May I know if you have tried to register this on any other account ?
Have you factory reset

Please extract the logs and send to cs-reply@amazon.com
Old 04-05-2020, 12:01 AM   #3490

I got it from Qoo10. It has 6 months warranty. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Using discount coupon, it only $162 for US version with special offer. So far, this is the cheapest and warranty included that I can find.

https://qoo.tn/BqRAqW/Q116507695

Please don't as you can't get support if something goes wrong.
adrakchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #3491
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just had mine delivered from Lazada. Thought it's gonna be easy, didn't realize need US address etc..

Read from earlier posts that some of you guys can buy Kindle Amazon books without changing to US address, without VPN. So should I follow the seller instructions to set up new account, use US address, use VPN, buy gift card, delete cc info? Or proceed using my current SG account?

Thanks..
Old 08-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #3492
Master Member

Just ordered mine from shopee..

Damage 148 plus plus...

Due to coronavirus ninja van will delay delivery..

Any things I need to take note or any setting need to set for my new kindle paperwhite?
AlwaysHardAlwaysReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:32 PM   #3493
Master Member

I converted books to mobi.. but now the content page screwed up.. how to properly downlond mobi books or convert correctly ?

I download because I have harfcopy of these books.. so wanna save money for new books
AlwaysHardAlwaysReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #3494

I converted books to mobi.. but now the content page screwed up.. how to properly downlond mobi books or convert correctly ?

I download because I have harfcopy of these books.. so wanna save money for new books
Did you use Calibre to convert the books? I usually convert to azw3 format for my kindle, no issues.
skinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 10:02 PM   #3495

I just check with the amazon team.

The solution are standard.
May I know the device serial number for the Kindle ?
Yes the 40 seconds would be the restart. Please press the power button for 40 seconds
Okay, Have you tried by connect it to another Wifi network, Such as Phone internet ?
May I know if you have tried to register this on any other account ?
Have you factory reset

Please extract the logs and send to cs-reply@amazon.com
Any one knows how to solve this issues
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.