HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

Like Tree213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #3556
Banned

Hello, I have a JP kindle set. Any way to get the ADs remove? I tried contacting the US contact center and they say cannot help.

EDIT: I have contacted JP CS, and they said no way to remove the special offers due to system design
GG man... Better return to seller and ask for US sets only...

JP set can't access USA Kindle store right?
boink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #3557
High Supremacy Member

3 months only got problem. Stuck in the screen with tree and boy background. Charge cannot, hold power button for 1 min also cannot.......
Old 07-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #3558

anyone bought kindle from Amazon.SG ?
Sentosa Cove Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 04:20 AM   #3559
Supremacy Member

3 months only got problem. Stuck in the screen with tree and boy background. Charge cannot, hold power button for 1 min also cannot.......
just charge the kindle
grande5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #3560
Supremacy Member

just charge the kindle
to give abit more context, did you leave the kindle without charging?

the screen defaults to the tree logo if it dies without charging for a very long time.
Old 24-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #3561
Banned

Iím back guys lol. Kena banned from my Edmw trolling activities lol 😂

Anyways, Iíve bought the Oasis set 32gb with leather cover and power adapter from Amazon US & shipped it over from Comgateway cause I fugging bth already lol

The oasis 32gb with leather cover and power adapter cost around $440 sgd after conversion and the comgateway shipping around $60 usd. Kena chopped at comgateway lol.

I think also cause because I didnít see clearly cause I declared the cost of the kindle oasis set as $440 usd instead of its cost in usd which is $320 usd like that. Aiya...excited already didnít see clearly about the item cost declaration Part, I thought it was in sgd so I put $440 lor... but it was in usd... so this part maybe Kena extra tax and gst here and there but knn nvm, itís done already lol.

Compared with my current PW3, The oasis is damn effing Shiok Lol. Screen resolution is miles apart too, the oasis is the king lol. The reading experience is totally Shiok Shiok song song for the oasis.

You get what you pay for la...the 32gb oasis set without shipping already over $400 whereas the PW3 under $200 can get. So itís twice the cost obviously.

But they are meant for different purposes obviously.

The PW is meant for mobility and to be carried out and about whereas the Oasis is mainly for home use imho since itís so much bigger obviously.

But I would not suggest buying the kindle oasis set which includes the power adapter and leather/fabric cover if youíre looking to buy an oasis. Just buy the oasis without the set would be fine. So far didnít use the power adapter la lol just normal USB micro charging would be fine. And ... the Official leather/fabric amazon kindle oasis cover sugs la tbh... not worth the price thatís for sure... the cover donít even fully cover the edges of the kindle oasis trust me. Youíll be better off saving the money and buying a few cases and covers that cover the oasis edges fully from AliExpress lol

netzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #3562
Banned

And to add on, buying the kindles with the Ads versions and all is fine.

Cause just contact amazon customer service and tell them that the ads are not targeted to you as youíre residing outside the USA and ask them politely to remove the Ads and theyíll do it. Re sync the kindle and the ads are removed lol.
Old 24-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #3563
Banned

And now, my next aim would be a Voyage lol 😂 cause I love the glass screen of the oasis....and I want to have something similar for traveling lol 😂

But so far the PW serves its purpose well for carrying around and itís still working damn well lol so no point.

Saving the cash if thereís a new voyage coming up. Which I doubt....
Old 24-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #3564
Supremacy Member

okay found the link.

if really gian, get from here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00REQKWGA

comes with the case too. it's refurbished but hell it works.
you don't need to buy an expensive kindle like the previous poster. and i don't get his/her aim for getting a kindle for travelling. isn't kindle already travel worthy? lol. lame.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #3565
Supremacy Member

does anyone here own an oasis

all calling an oasis big
Old 24-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #3566
Banned

whether anything is expensive or not, it is relative.

you don't get my aim/objective because you are not me and i am not you and we have different preferences and different measures, that is all.

Yes, a Kindle, be it an Oasis or Paperwhite or anything for that matter, is easy to carry around, but I like to use different Kindles for different purposes and it is definitely not expensive to me.

Can?

You are the lame one.

you don't need to buy an expensive kindle like the previous poster. and i don't get his/her aim for getting a kindle for travelling. isn't kindle already travel worthy? lol. lame.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #3567
Banned

1. I have an Oasis.
2. Where got anyone or in your case and sentence, "all" calling an Oasis big?

what talking you?

does anyone here own an oasis

all calling an oasis big
Old 25-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #3568
Supremacy Member

1. I have an Oasis.
2. Where got anyone or in your case and sentence, "all" calling an Oasis big?

what talking you?
triggered.

i guess i'm wrong; just you.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:39 AM   #3569
Arch-Supremacy Member

Now got free $6 credit for purchase of $25 or more in kindle books between 3rd to 10 September.

The page put must activate the offer first. But how to activate ar???

https://www.amazon.com/kr/d6e5aa28-f...d-bf49f2a9e6e6
Old 11-10-2020, 03:13 PM   #3570

And now, my next aim would be a Voyage lol 😂 cause I love the glass screen of the oasis....and I want to have something similar for traveling lol 😂

But so far the PW serves its purpose well for carrying around and itís still working damn well lol so no point.

Saving the cash if thereís a new voyage coming up. Which I doubt....
Wah congrats bro! Your patience wore off, couldnt wait for another few months! Eh no need to get the Voyage la, my Voyage now become my coffee table collection, I think Oasis is the best for travelling and reading on the move.
skinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.