PippingCafe

Master Member
Reaction score
Rereading his fooled by randomness book now. Read these books by him so far

1. Fooled by randomness
2. The black swan
3. Antifragile
4. Skin in the game

For me black swan was the eye opener and antifragile opened my mind to lots of ideas.

Was introduced to this book (fooled by randomness) during a stock market seminar and then went on to read all the other books written by him.

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, do you think you will do anything practical with the idea?

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
invest in bonds (low risk) and forex (high risk) and forget about equities ( medium risk) ?

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
invest in bonds (low risk) and forex (high risk) and forget about equities ( medium risk) ?

What's medium risk anyway?

I crave for discussions in these but can't find any real people in Singapore who are interested :)

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

Here's why. Nassim is boring and he just wants to swing you to his point of view. It's all about his perspective and bringing some examples in to his advantages.

For example, resting on bed (low risk) and deep sea diving (high risk). Would you do that everyday? Or would you rather run or cycle (both medium risk activities)

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rereading his fooled by randomness book now. Read these books by him so far

1. Fooled by randomness
2. The black swan
3. Antifragile
4. Skin in the game

For me black swan was the eye opener and antifragile opened my mind to lots of ideas.

Was introduced to this book (fooled by randomness) during a stock market seminar and then went on to read all the other books written by him.

You still read taleb?

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Concept for black swan is interesting :s12:

Especially when i was reading this bk during the period of mh370 incident.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.