Barnes & Noble eReader - NOOK

LouisLoh

Reaction score
Now the price for simpe touch is US$99. If I use Comgateway (my US ADDRESS is Oregan), how much total am I expected to pay for delivery to SG?

Just include GST and take the minimum weight cos the NST is lighter than that. Guestimate is around S$15 or more.

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
what credit card did you guys use to buy stuff from nook store?

I thought the POSB Debit Mastercard that i used to buy the Nook Tablet could do the job but they labeled it as a Singapore Credit card. So as my Fairprice Plus - OCBC Debit Visa.

Was assuming it would have no problems because bought books from kindle store before. Im guessing all this while they just look @ a US billing address or shipping address and Nook Books actually need a US-able Credit card?

My friend have a DBS Debit Card and it worked for him fine. Do I actually have to go make one? hmmmss :s22:

donut88

Reaction score
what credit card did you guys use to buy stuff from nook store?

I thought the POSB Debit Mastercard that i used to buy the Nook Tablet could do the job but they labeled it as a Singapore Credit card. So as my Fairprice Plus - OCBC Debit Visa.

Was assuming it would have no problems because bought books from kindle store before. Im guessing all this while they just look @ a US billing address or shipping address and Nook Books actually need a US-able Credit card?

My friend have a DBS Debit Card and it worked for him fine. Do I actually have to go make one? hmmmss :s22:

Well, ask your friend to buy for u then and u pay him back

expositox

Reaction score
IIRC, I put my billing address as my CGW address. Nothing happened, payment went thru fine with MasterCard.

donut88

Reaction score
I just got a new nook Simple Touch. Heehee.

Now how do I load ebooks from PC?

I borrowed one Ebook from our library. And I use Adobe Digital to open it. I can read the book from my PC.

Now how do I load into my nook?

blue_ice1985

Reaction score
Hi,

My frien just intro me Nook, I have never heard of this before but I see the spects are really good and the price is like half of ipad. I'm considering Nook HD+, which is currently on pre-order status. Question is, can it download apps like normal android hp in singapore? or it uses other OS or app store? sorry I'm kinda noob with Nook!.. :D

donut88

Reaction score
Hi,

My frien just intro me Nook, I have never heard of this before but I see the spects are really good and the price is like half of ipad. I'm considering Nook HD+, which is currently on pre-order status. Question is, can it download apps like normal android hp in singapore? or it uses other OS or app store? sorry I'm kinda noob with Nook!.. :D

To my limited knowledge, the HD is not really full powered tablet. It's meant for reading more than been used as a tablet. So the functions as a tablet is limited. I'm sure u can download android apps, but not every app. So u need to have limited expectations

If u want full powered tablet and half cheaper than iPad, go get google nexus 7.

Sure some ppl will say u can root the HD to be a full powered tablet, but what's the point if there's google nexus 7 available. It costs abit more than nook but u get what u want

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how to install nook on an android device? I have a vpn service but somehow it can still detect my phone from outside of the US. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
IIRC, I put my billing address as my CGW address. Nothing happened, payment went thru fine with MasterCard.

Wah... seriously wtf. I think B&N blacklist me alr. I just received the same card that my friend used for his ebook purchase, I still cannot buy stuff. My orders cancelled.

dafaq???

donut88

Reaction score
Wah... seriously wtf. I think B&N blacklist me alr. I just received the same card that my friend used for his ebook purchase, I still cannot buy stuff. My orders cancelled.

dafaq???

you dont have to only buy from B&N website.

dont forget about Kobo..............

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
you dont have to only buy from B&N website.

dont forget about Kobo..............

The thing is I would prefer to purchase from B&N store since I have a Nook... but if that's the case, I'd just purchase from Kindle using the Kindle app thru my Root.

What credit/debit cards are you guys using? Am I the only one having this problem?

I feel like fully installing Gingerbread inside since I am unable to access the nook store....

expositox

Reaction score
Recently, my Nook Touch has gone crazy. I have the habit of putting books into shelves (folders).

Then sometimes, when I power it on, it will say no SD card detected, so I remove and put back SD card, then all my shelves will be resetted. So it means I have to sort my 100+ books back into shelves.

Hardware or software problem? If its hardware, worth it to send it back for repair?

ttranvil

Reaction score
Resurrect thread...

Any bro knows where to buy replacement battery for the Nook 1st edition?

Thanks!

deadlockb

Reaction score
Hi
I have redceived 25 USD B&n sTORE GIFT Card. I have tried to purchase books using SG Credit card /Company US Proxy with SG Address as well as Vpost address , but failed.

How can 7u purchase books from B&n Store.?

genny1

Reaction score
Hi does anybody know whether can borrow library ebooks using Overdrive directly from the Nook ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.