www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The Book Nook (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/book-nook-118/)
-   -   Bricked Paperwhite? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/book-nook-118/bricked-paperwhite-4755262.html)

nickasnack 25-07-2014 11:28 PM

Bricked Paperwhite?

Hey guys,

I've been using my kindle for a year, but recently the system has been lagging and I thought a reboot would help set things straight.

But after reboot, the "Your kindle needs repair" screen came up, and stays that way no matter how many times I try to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? If not it's gonna be a very expensive paper weight...

cokiee 27-07-2014 01:34 AM

I've seen it on a paperwhite before. I think if it comes up you need to speak to the amazon help people.

jeffyen2 27-07-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickasnack (Post 87358092)
Hey guys,

I've been using my kindle for a year, but recently the system has been lagging and I thought a reboot would help set things straight.

But after reboot, the "Your kindle needs repair" screen came up, and stays that way no matter how many times I try to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? If not it's gonna be a very expensive paper weight...

Hold the power button for more than 30s to see if it helps.

If not, go to amazon.com/myk, and there should be a 'help' link where you can start the return process, if it's not out of warranty...

notetome 30-07-2018 05:42 PM

kindle needs repair

Hi, I'm new here.. Does anybody know where to replace front bezel of kindle paperwhite here in Sg? Found lots of tutorial, but then need to buy the spare parts and tools also..
Thanks!

delceer 30-07-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notetome (Post 115750632)
Hi, I'm new here.. Does anybody know where to replace front bezel of kindle paperwhite here in Sg? Found lots of tutorial, but then need to buy the spare parts and tools also..
Thanks!

Chao digger.
4 years ago thread also want to resurrect.

RocketBunny 12-08-2018 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notetome (Post 115750632)
Thanks!

Dig so far for what..

Just get a new kindle