HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bricked Paperwhite?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #1

Bricked Paperwhite?

Hey guys,

I've been using my kindle for a year, but recently the system has been lagging and I thought a reboot would help set things straight.

But after reboot, the "Your kindle needs repair" screen came up, and stays that way no matter how many times I try to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? If not it's gonna be a very expensive paper weight...
Old 27-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #2

I've seen it on a paperwhite before. I think if it comes up you need to speak to the amazon help people.
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #3

Hey guys,

I've been using my kindle for a year, but recently the system has been lagging and I thought a reboot would help set things straight.

But after reboot, the "Your kindle needs repair" screen came up, and stays that way no matter how many times I try to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? If not it's gonna be a very expensive paper weight...
Hold the power button for more than 30s to see if it helps.

If not, go to amazon.com/myk, and there should be a 'help' link where you can start the return process, if it's not out of warranty...
jeffyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #4

kindle needs repair

Hi, I'm new here.. Does anybody know where to replace front bezel of kindle paperwhite here in Sg? Found lots of tutorial, but then need to buy the spare parts and tools also..
Thanks!
notetome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm new here.. Does anybody know where to replace front bezel of kindle paperwhite here in Sg? Found lots of tutorial, but then need to buy the spare parts and tools also..
Thanks!
Chao digger.
4 years ago thread also want to resurrect.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:46 AM   #6
Master Member

Thanks!
Dig so far for what..

Just get a new kindle
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.