HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Kindle vs Kobo?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #46

Good price for the Clara, but I decided to buy the Android ereaders already cos can just install kindle reader and overdrive. no need bother with conversion anymore.

Bought the 7.8" Boox Nova Pro for $340 at shopee during 11.11. Seller is local distributor with warranty. it's a 2019 model, feels fast even for internet surfing and watching video, of course screen will constantly refresh since it's eink after all. Best thing it has a wacom overlay so works as a note taker, totally no lag when scribbling and the ocr is extremely accurate.

Also bought a sub-$100 6" Boyue T65 from aliexpress. It's 2016 model so rather slow when opening apps but works perfectly fine during book paging.
$340 is the price with or without the stylus? warranty is the local distributor's own warranty? how long is the warranty? thanks!
lamEduDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 02:25 AM   #47

It's Nova Pro so it's with stylus, the cheaper Nova Plus has no wacom overlay. Anyway the price and coupons wasn't as good for BF and 12.12. It's $340 after i stacked shoppee coupon, coins, bank voucher, reader was originally priced $405. 1year warranty by the local distributor, anyway the seller has been distributing for years so I guess it's fine.

The Boyue T65 cannot run Kindle app reliably and reboot or freeze constantly, but works well after I use Kindle Lite, no fancy formatting or dictionary but no big deal. Overdrive works very well.

I later bought the Boyue Likebook Mars during BF when seller dropped the price by a lot, only $195 after i stacked everything. Mars has no wacom overlay, and feels slightly slower than Nova, but reading experience is otherwise as good, be it Kindle or Overdrive apps. Both are Android tablets so won't last weeks like the brand readers, but reading experience is far better, no hassle to waste time on conversions or be stuck with proprietary platforms.
darr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #48

I got a Kindle for my birthday and I'm quite happy about it, although I did debate between Kindle and Kobo.
GoodBetterBest likes this.
urbanbootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:27 AM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

No kindle no talk. Fug Kobo
netzach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #50

amazon is the biggest comapny in the worl, what do you thonk?
jasperbln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #51

If one wants to buy books, Kindle or Kobo ok.
If one wants to borrow National Library books, then Kobo.

GoodBetterBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #52

Won’t bother waste time with either anymore. Android ereaders far more versatile.
darr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 12:21 AM   #53
High Supremacy Member

Just switched to a Kobo. Loving it
mirukuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.