What are you reading now?

hwsstx

Reaction score
Finishing soon...

Preacher by William W. Johnstone https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29929636-preacher

Started reading this Western ie Cowboy book. First time reading this author. He wrote many3 books (mostly Western) & all of them popular. This series itself goes to 50 books, & he has a few such long series.

Anyway it was easy & fast reading, enjoyable.

Initially I thought the cowboy lingo maybe too distracting but no.

I couldn't find a normal audiobook except for the Graphic Audio version which I didn't like.

29929636.jpg

Last edited:

whitespark5

Reaction score
Just Completed

%7B1BC0BB0B-0B94-405C-8663-DB52CD06F717%7DImg100.jpg

A wonderful book to understand your parents better and parent better.

Currently Reading
%7BDD9BA677-ADDD-437C-8CE5-014282C6814C%7DIMG100.JPG

Learned so many new ideas and perspectives

%7B1E37A966-8571-4AEC-90B3-524982E1F883%7DImg100.jpg

Just started today

%7B191EE03B-70E9-406C-9856-5CDB44D640E4%7DImg100.jpg

Just started today

whitespark5

Reaction score
This book mostly gives examples on how to talk to little kids using specific strategies.

3 Basic fundamentals before starting
1. Manage your expectations.
2. are the child's basics needs met ? Sleep, eat, Sick ?
3. Are your basics needs met. Sleep, eat, health before

Strategies
1. accept and acknowledge feelings

Describe how you feel, or how they feel when in certain emotions. We're only humans, not perfect dads/moms, just like they are children, not perfect robots that can learn and listen.

2. Play with them to get things done.

*example - your shoes want to eat your foot, arrrrr* give life & character to his toys to engage them in difficult activities

3. Offer them a choice.

*example - Need to brush teeth. You can ask - Do you want to finish playing in 5 mins then brush or brush teeth immediately and play for 20mins more*

4. Prepare a Wishlist,

let them pen it down their "immediate wants & demand, for toys & snacks and it helps them with their urge/dopamine.

5. Problem solving & Put the child in charge

* make your problem example sleeping routines, toilet routines into a shared problem, ask them how to solve it and let them try their solutions until the problem is solved"

6. Some things are unsolvable.

not your fault, not your child's fault, life's just hard sometimes, win some lose some, it will be better tomorrow.

very short & unfiltered thoughts & ideas on the book. The book has much more relevant examples & strategies. these notes are just the ones that are more relevant to me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.