What are you reading now?

AnimeNewbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reading They came to baghad by agatha christie.

Used to read Agatha Christie during my sec-sch days(which was more than 20 years ago). Those novels are really old.

Used to wonder why the chars committed murder for a few thousand sterling pounds: Silly me did not know about inflation adjustment. LOL...

Last edited:

nwh_sg

Reaction score
WWII setting Fiction. Starting a bit slow. Once the 'action' starts, it gets interesting. I learnt to skip those long-winded non essential descriptive paras. and followed the main plot. Recommended.

515p3OrN1KL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Just finished the 'Man's Search for Meaning'. The book consists of 2 parts. Part I is on the author's experience in the various concentration camps and he related the behaviour and thinking of his and others to psychological explanation. This part is good. Part II, which occupies more than one-third of the book, is about his theory of logotherapy (psychology stuff) which is boring and I skipped that after a few pages. This book is probably of interest to those studying psychology. For a layman like me, it's over-hyped. YMMV.
Main take-away from this book: “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”

annoyingpc

Reaction score
does anyone know how does audible.com works?

if i buy an ebook from there do i still need to pay a certain amount of money to continue own it or just pay once?

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how does audible.com works?

if i buy an ebook from there do i still need to pay a certain amount of money to continue own it or just pay once?

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4529/c/3079

Note: Any title you purchased is yours to keep, even after your membership has ended.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4415/related/1

After you cancel your membership, your credit card will no longer be billed every month. Any previously purchased audiobooks will always be readily accessible to you. You can log in and access your online library from either the Audible desktop site or any of our mobile applications. However, you will no longer be able to take advantage of the other membership benefits.

Joshzkq

Reaction score
The pursuit of happiness (econs version).
It's a very different perspective compared to conventional monetary measures.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
for George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

should i read the George R. R. Martin Starter Pack 4-Book Bundle and then A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons ?

below are 2 bundles

George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire Series): A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons
http://www.amazon.com.au/George-Martins-Thrones-5-Book-Series-ebook/dp/B00957T6X6

George R. R. Martin Starter Pack 4-Book Bundle: A Game of Thrones, Dreamsongs: Volume I, Fevre Dream, Armageddon Rag
http://www.amazon.com/George-Martin-Starter-4-Book-Bundle-ebook/dp/B009Y4I5DW

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dreamsongs is a collection of short stories by a bunch of fantasy writers

Fevre Dream and Armageddon Rag are GRRM novels that got no link at all to the ASOIAF series

Just read the ASOIAF series for starters. Can explore more if you really like him as an author after that

for George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

should i read the George R. R. Martin Starter Pack 4-Book Bundle and then A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons ?

below are 2 bundles

George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire Series): A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons
http://www.amazon.com.au/George-Martins-Thrones-5-Book-Series-ebook/dp/B00957T6X6

George R. R. Martin Starter Pack 4-Book Bundle: A Game of Thrones, Dreamsongs: Volume I, Fevre Dream, Armageddon Rag
http://www.amazon.com/George-Martin-Starter-4-Book-Bundle-ebook/dp/B009Y4I5DW

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Dreamsongs is a collection of short stories by a bunch of fantasy writers

Fevre Dream and Armageddon Rag are GRRM novels that got no link at all to the ASOIAF series

Just read the ASOIAF series for starters. Can explore more if you really like him as an author after that

so A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set first and then Dreamsongs: Volume I, Fevre Dream, Armageddon Rag?

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set first and then Dreamsongs: Volume I, Fevre Dream, Armageddon Rag?

The other 3 are optional IMO, only if you're a huge fan of the author and not just the series.

There's still The World of Ice & Fire and the recently-released A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms after you're done with the 5 ASOIAF books

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
The other 3 are optional IMO, only if you're a huge fan of the author and not just the series.

There's still The World of Ice & Fire and the recently-released A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms after you're done with the 5 ASOIAF books

woh.. die liao... so many

annoyingpc

Reaction score
Just bought The Gifts of Imperfection and The Power of Habit : Why We Do What We Do, and How to Change...

who had read this 2 books before?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.