[INFO] Things you need to know about car servicing

junying001

Reaction score
Sharing a different more affordable way to get parts

Came across this online retailer the other day and bought some engine oil and a filter from there, delivery was super quick, maybe you guys can check it out

shop name is sgcarparts on lazada - lazada.sg/shop/sgcarparts

:s12: Has a wide range of parts and accessories and even engine oil which u guys are talking about changing, perhaps you guys could have a look. Am a frequent online shopper so this transition to buying parts online works well for me and I see this as the future

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Can i ask what is the difference between workshops at gas stations eg. Shell autoserv and other private workshops?

Not much difference.

The main thing is the branding. Shell will not dare to give inferior/fake product as they have a brand to protect. Shell will charge at slightly above average but you know you will not get chopped carrot head /super high price because well shell is a brand.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
I am curious why some of the car servicing promotions are so cheap. S$50 inclusive of 4L engine oil. Has anyone tried? Are these reliable?

I know that 4L of engine oil can cost at least S$50.

They usually gave cheap engine oil which can be bought outside at $18 etc so their cost price is even lower. $50 is not exactly very cheap.

lobanghunter

Reaction score
do you guys know any website, other than sgcarmart, that has information about workshops and service package price if possible?

giraffey

Reaction score
is there diff in prices btw servicing normal car and an electric vehicle? not sure if the diff engines have diff svc prices... was at schneider electric singapore for a meeting the other day then saw got alot of EV parking lots, so advanced one. wondering now if a EV is a good investment to consider now

charging point availability, and the cost of battery replacements are perhaps a bigger concern than the cost of servicing (which would be lower).

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Charging point availability partly solved with Shell’s charging stations soon to be up?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.