HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #16
Senior Moderator

In my opinion, the important capability of a in-car camera is it must capture the license plates of other cars clearly when on the move. This is especially useful in hit and run incidents.
Old 24-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, mai an ni kuang leh.....

Moi ish called up different shops or search online forums and past IT show brochures to gather these current prices one leh because I'm keen to get a good set. Some sauces are even here in HWZ too; you can go search for them yourself.

I benefited from some very detailed reviews here. So since I already did my homework liaoz, thought can gather and share my info with everyone here and for posterity sake, so newbies next time like me now can compare with their prices then.

For example I know the V7 started at $199 the year before, then went up to $300 last year and now $250 or so can get already. How I know? Because other conscientious forumers posted their reviews and prices for me to read up. Maybe not all 100% accurate, but at least indicative mah.

Somemore these are competitor brands leh, the brands itself will not authorize any one shop to install all the different types; at least I have not come across one that do.

So if you got anything constructive or positive to share here, you're most welcome. But no need come here say wind-breezy words leh......

So which one did u choose after such extensive research?
HeadQuarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes ... I think that is a good question. After putting out this list of cams and saying so much, what's your point TS?
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Don't be so negative lah. Give the guy a chance. Tiagong sharing is caring.
Omg my bad
I should go ahead with tiagong
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #20
High Supremacy Member

TS holland liao
Never reply alr
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #21
Master Member

Yes ... I think that is a good question. After putting out this list of cams and saying so much, what's your point TS?
TS holland liao
Never reply alr
Bros, relax lah. Long weekend leh, cannot everyday stay in front of computer and pcw lah.

Anyway, the rig I have bought is iRoad T10 ($390) + CareCell LiFePO4 Pack ($230)

Now just finding a good installer to hook it to the car's power system.

Am outside now; will explain the rationale + pros and cons of this rig later.

PS: (CareCell has 83.2Wh vs Cellink's Bigger $368 version is only 76.8Wh)
Eric A Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

looking for a cheap car dash camera, possibly DIY installation. ideally front and rear recording, or if not just front will do. no need recording in parking mode. any recommendations?
5408854088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

looking for a cheap car dash camera, possibly DIY installation. ideally front and rear recording, or if not just front will do. no need recording in parking mode. any recommendations?

TS no work on weekends one. U need to wait till Monday
HeadQuarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #24

Using a Goluk brand from taobao. Quite a few of my friends bought the same model. Fhd, can connect via wifi to view video on app, has Lane departure, collision warning, gsensor and frequent firmware update via air as well, Video quality is excellent, even have a wireless button where u can place near you yo press and record event video or take a photo. You can even remove it easily and use it as a sports cam on bikes. Only ard $100. Sg camera are way overprice.
tazzi80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 03:33 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

PS: (CareCell has 83.2Wh vs Cellink's Bigger $368 version is only 76.8Wh)
Dey, since you know this you could have shared this in my thread about the Celllink, instead you asked there which one is better Anyways, since you've brought this up now, I'll probably look out for this CareCell.

There's a bunch of brand new iRoad V9s floating around the Buy/Sell folders of car club forums lately ... I might buy from 1 of these sellers, but my understanding is that you need to look for the 2016 version.
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 04:56 AM   #26
Master Member

Dey, since you know this you could have shared this in my thread about the Celllink, instead you asked there which one is better Anyways, since you've brought this up now, I'll probably look out for this CareCell.

There's a bunch of brand new iRoad V9s floating around the Buy/Sell folders of car club forums lately ... I might buy from 1 of these sellers, but my understanding is that you need to look for the 2016 version.
Bro, I asked on the 23rd, last Wednesday, boh lang replied me leh.

Then I ownself ownself go find out loh.

Here's what I know now:

- Both are Korean made.
- Both are made from LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate). More stable, longer-lifespan, not sensitive to temperature than Lithium-Ion in common handphone batteries we use nowadays.
- The capacity for the bigger Cellink B6 ($328 one) is about same capacity as the CareCell.
- So CareCell (83.2Wh) is cheaper for a similar amount of batteries.
- But CareCell cannot expand (two x $328) batteries linked to give about 150Wh capacity.
- Cellink B has a built-in port to link two batteries or more together.
- CareCell charges faster than CellLink B. Think is driving 1 hr for full charge vs 1.5 hrs for CellLink B6 ($328, 76.8Wh one).

As for iRoad V9, make sure you get the one with "Season 2, 2016 Version", think released in January 2016 niah. Super duper new!

The new version has better Sony 2.4 megapixel CMOS sensor in both the front and rear cameras and lower-power, faster chip to prevent heating.

But for a similar price, I personally got the T10 for the screen plus wider angle camera.

Last edited by Eric A Blair; 30-03-2016 at 02:08 AM..
Eric A Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 06:16 AM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

I heard of 24hr recording draining the car battery, is that true??
HeeroYuy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #28
Master Member

The possibility is higher.
Old 28-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #29
Supremacy Member

Hhhmmmm the battery's not charge/charging yet the car camera is still operating, so what do you think the power comes from?
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

Used blackvue for my supercar exploits

Optionstrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.