HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #31

I heard of 24hr recording draining the car battery, is that true??
most of the better models used a 'parking mode' where they will only take a picture/video when they detect motion. this enables the camera to last over the night... till you start your car again the next morning...

so the problem can come when you leave your car un moved for a week or so... the car battery will be flat and the camera will be down.

you can add an extra battery pack to the system so that it does not use the car battery when in idle...
Old 28-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #32
High Supremacy Member

If you think about it, most of these cameras are not recording only when motion is detected, but it is more like saving only when motion is detected~ Most of these cameras are capable of recording 10 seconds before the incident and 20 seconds after the incident~ If recording only starts after motion has been detected, how do they record the 10 seconds prior to the incident~? It is more like they are still constantly recording, only to save the previous 10 seconds and another 20 seconds when motion has been detected~

most of the better models used a 'parking mode' where they will only take a picture/video when they detect motion. this enables the camera to last over the night... till you start your car again the next morning...

so the problem can come when you leave your car un moved for a week or so... the car battery will be flat and the camera will be down.

you can add an extra battery pack to the system so that it does not use the car battery when in idle...
Old 28-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

But for a similar price, I personally got the T10 for the screen plus wider angle camera.
That's just the thing, I don't want a screen, and I don't want a big-@$$ cam. Cams should be as discreet as possible.
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #34

I'm still getting into issues with my Itronics which I had just installed together with a power magic. My cameras were from my previous car.

Usually the front camera will cut off occasionally when the engine cuts off when the car comes to a stop due to engine start/stop. Not sure whether the rear has the same issue as I only upload my front camera videos to my PC. I do notice some missing time frames when I review the video.

But I do know the front camera switches on and off as the front one is the SP version, so the annoying korean lady voice will always come one when it stops and then later start.

Since the car is new, so shouldn't be a battery issue, right?
shouldn't the dash cam goes into parking mode when your start/stop engine shut off? Does your cam got parking mode?
seveneleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #35

If you think about it, most of these cameras are not recording only when motion is detected, but it is more like saving only when motion is detected~ Most of these cameras are capable of recording 10 seconds before the incident and 20 seconds after the incident~ If recording only starts after motion has been detected, how do they record the 10 seconds prior to the incident~? It is more like they are still constantly recording, only to save the previous 10 seconds and another 20 seconds when motion has been detected~

i think you are right on that..
seveneleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 02:01 AM   #36
Master Member

That's just the thing, I don't want a screen, and I don't want a big-@$$ cam. Cams should be as discreet as possible.
Bro, the footprint of V9 is not very much smaller than T10, even with the screen.

In fact, V9's 'chocolate-bar' form factor is longer than T10's; while T10 is broader.

T8/T10 form factor was never reported to have heat issues.

In any case, if you think V9 is more your cup of tea, then go for it before the prices hike across the board.

For example,

AA is selling T10 @ $390 this month, the price from 1 April 2016 would be $430 and
V9 (Season 2 /2016 Version) @ $380 this month, new price next month would be $420.

PS: Most discrete dashcams I have come across is BlackVue (heat issues and old technology) and Cowan Aw2.

Last edited by Eric A Blair; 30-03-2016 at 02:05 AM..
Eric A Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #37

I don't have thinkware, so can't comment on it.

But as for blackvue for 2 years, i was disappointed from their website and youtube show that it can capture car plate during travel. In fact the real case, it can't. But if car is stop or park in carpark, u can clearly see carplate.

Blackvue work fine overall but during parking mode, abit hot.
I was against their advertisement show how clear is their lens and can't archive when come to real-life. ( there is alot of review in youtube by many user, none of them can show as clear as blackvue advertisement)
letdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try the new Xiaoyi dasdcam. Cheap and good.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:33 AM   #39

I m using Iroad. I cant see the bus license plate about 6 metres infront.

Teysered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 06:19 AM   #40

you may want to check this out if you are a SPEC guy

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...re-f750.17117/
bape85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #41

iRoad (by Corvit)

- Flagship Models - T10 & V9 (V7 is the older model)
- Most popular and cheapest hi-end brand.
- Has firmware updates via the air
- Built-in car power management system; previous models had heating and power draining issues.
- 2016 models supposedly uses low-power chips and better heat-management system (haven't seen 2016 reviews yet)
- Excellent Cameras - Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (front) / Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (rear) [T10 & V9, V7 has a 720p rear camera)
- Widest Viewing Angle
T10: 155-degrees
V9: 142-degrees
V7: 132-degrees
- iRoad models is also known to have wifi interference issues with the cell-phones 4G/3G

Best Features:
+T10 has in-built LCD, convenient feature after parking mode to check on recorded video if an event happened during parking time.

Price:
T10: $470 with installation
V9: $350 + $50 installation
V7: $250 + $50 installation
Wah very detailed research! Thanks for all the info. This really helped a lot.

Do you mind PM me where you got the pricing of the different cameras from? Especially for the iRoad.
ethanyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

I used blackve wifi model for awhile n stopped since
Car batt flat with 2 days if nvr drive
Now I totally stop using n I hv parked my car for 9 days straight without driving but batt still ok
Tuakong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #43
High Supremacy Member

think ware seems good but it's abit bulky compared to blackvue and itronics...itronics n blackvue best in terms of size and sleekness
eurofunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 04:44 AM   #44

think ware seems good but it's abit bulky compared to blackvue and itronics...itronics n blackvue best in terms of size and sleekness
Theres a reason why blackvue and iroad has overheating issues because of the size and components . components more expensive so is the price . you pay for what you get =)
Thinkware has ambarella A7LA85 chipset + Sony IMX122 sensor. this allows low power consumption, high quality video output. Thinkware at the moment has the highest bitrate amongst the rest .

If looking for price , just go for iroad.
If looking for high quality components and state of the art engineering, then go for thinkware.

Hope this helps =)
bape85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 02:00 AM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

an accessories shop in jb quited me iroad, 2ch at like 900rm with installation. cant remember its v7 or something. seems like its quite worth it?
biodraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.