HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advice on accident process

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

1st Jan 2018 no go AD warranty still have right? New rules...
Was discussed here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/keep-your-warranty-without-having-visit-your-ad-solely-repairs-service-5739441.html#post111907318

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/car-owners-advised-to-keep-servicing-records

Originally Posted by :
CCS approached and obtained the cooperation of the following car dealers that are authorised distributors for the respective car brands shown in parentheses: Alpine Motors Pte. Ltd. (Chevrolet), Borneo Motors (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Toyota and Lexus), Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte. Ltd. (Citroen, KIA, Mercedes Benz and Mitsubishi), Eurokars Group of Companies (Porsche, Mazda and MINI), Kah Motor Co. Sdn. Bhd. (Honda), Komoco Motors Pte. Ltd. (Hyundai), Motor Image Enterprises Pte. Ltd. (Subaru), Performance Motors Ltd. (BMW), and Tan Chong Motor Sales Pte. Ltd. (Nissan). CCS also obtained the cooperation with respect to the warranty restrictions for Suzuki cars through Borneo Motors (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., which is under the Inchcape Group of UK. CCS understands from information provided by Volkswagen Group Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Volkswagen) and Premium Automobiles Pte. Ltd. (Audi) that there are no such restrictions in the warranties. The car brands that these car dealers distribute made up more than 90% of cars in Singapore in 2016.
AL5509 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Every time I go outside workshop it's immediately handled, 2 weeks max (it was a bad accident, not my fault) I got back my car already. No levy on the insurance etc.
coz you went 3rd party workshop, they can wait and claim 3rd party insurer and it wont impact premium

If you go AD they will only start repair on admission of liability from 3rd party insurer..if you want to do imm. must claim own policy. Then in latter's case premium will be affected if there are outstanding claims on renewal.

it happend to my 2mth old mz6 so i decided to claim 3rd party, just have to tahan a dented bumper for1-2 mths.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #18
EJB
High Supremacy Member

coz you went 3rd party workshop, they can wait and claim 3rd party insurer and it wont impact premium

If you go AD they will only start repair on admission of liability from 3rd party insurer..if you want to do imm. must claim own policy. Then in latter's case premium will be affected if there are outstanding claims on renewal.

it happend to my 2mth old mz6 so i decided to claim 3rd party, just have to tahan a dented bumper for1-2 mths.
I wanted to claim my own then reverse it... TEK tell me "no slots"

They told me if I didn't want to, I'll need to live with cracked headlight, dented fender/bumper, bonnet for 6 months - 1 year

What options do I have except to go out and get it done in 2 weeks?

Bumper dented maybe I still can close one eye... dented bonnet that has an 'opening' from the fender, dented top bumper, fender, HL cracked... and it was dec... I gotta live with it through CNY...
Old 12-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wanted to claim my own then reverse it... TEK tell me "no slots"

They told me if I didn't want to, I'll need to live with cracked headlight, dented fender/bumper, bonnet for 6 months - 1 year

What options do I have except to go out and get it done in 2 weeks?

Bumper dented maybe I still can close one eye... dented bonnet that has an 'opening' from the fender, dented top bumper, fender, HL cracked... and it was dec... I gotta live with it through CNY...
yea if i am u i would do the same, but tek 6m period is too exaggerating, maybe your damage too serious

I waited for 1 month for a bumper replacement, entire repair took 4 days. Total costs was low 5 digits including legal and loss of use. Tek really max gaogao
Old 12-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #20
High Supremacy Member

it won't be affected if the insurance company can get back from 3rd party. if it's too near renewal, at most when case settle, insurance company will refund the difference.

my only reason for not going AD is no courtesy car, and they take damn long.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #21
EJB
High Supremacy Member

yea if i am u i would do the same, but tek 6m period is too exaggerating, maybe your damage too serious

I waited for 1 month for a bumper replacement, entire repair took 4 days. Total costs was low 5 digits including legal and loss of use. Tek really max gaogao
Normally insurance case settle is about 3-4 months for AD, 6 months is a safe gauge.

I offered to claim OD and then revert my insurance status after the liabilities are done - NO SLOTS.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #22
EJB
High Supremacy Member

it won't be affected if the insurance company can get back from 3rd party. if it's too near renewal, at most when case settle, insurance company will refund the difference.

Courtesy car option is ownself rent, ownself pay, then claim back. I rented a new altis 08 for 10 days, $1000, excess $642, took me 6 months to get back the money.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tek offered me courtesy car, mz3 to replace my damaged mz6. Decline and claimed loss of use $90 per day..money better than courtesy car
arctician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:39 AM   #24

Tek offered me courtesy car, mz3 to replace my damaged mz6. Decline and claimed loss of use $90 per day..money better than courtesy car
How to claim 90 per day ? Your own insurance help u apply ?
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Sounds good but i think most AD won’t do like tat, i mean the courtesy car

Old 13-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #26
EJB
High Supremacy Member

They need to provide one of equal value for your Mz6. In this case, either an Honda Accord, or Honda Stream, Mz6, Mz5 or Toyota Camry or Wish.

Mz3 is they trying to charge Mz6 rental price but give you something less. There's a cap on the replacement car rental value.
Old 13-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #27
High Supremacy Member

They need to provide one of equal value for your Mz6. In this case, either an Honda Accord, or Honda Stream, Mz6, Mz5 or Toyota Camry or Wish.

Mz3 is they trying to charge Mz6 rental price but give you something less. There's a cap on the replacement car rental value.
at least they got give. i never heard of AD give courtesy car in accident claim. at most warranty claims
Old 13-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #28
EJB
High Supremacy Member

at least they got give. i never heard of AD give courtesy car in accident claim. at most warranty claims
Liability confirmed liao, so they can get the 3rd party claims provider to provide. AD don't have fleet of rental cars for courtesy use, the cost is not justified.

My AD didn't provide either but the 3rd party claims provider did.
Old 13-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #29
High Supremacy Member

Ok can imagine the waiting time to confirm liability

Liability confirmed liao, so they can get the 3rd party claims provider to provide. AD don't have fleet of rental cars for courtesy use, the cost is not justified.

My AD didn't provide either but the 3rd party claims provider did.
Old 13-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

How to claim 90 per day ? Your own insurance help u apply ?
AD has a guideline on the compensation for loss of use based on engine capacity, which range from $80-100 per day. Final Payout may be higher or lower depending on policy of 3rd party insurer, some will revise up/down based on payout guidelines specific to engine CC. my AD quoted $80 initially but 3rd party gave higher.

Ok can imagine the waiting time to confirm liability
Yea you need to wait for surveyor from 3rd party insurer to assess damage which can take 1-2 weeks. Then after that need another 1 month to confirm admission of liability before they call u to send in the car. Repair will take another 1 week.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.