HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any tip and trick in topping up patrol?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #1

Any tip and trick in topping up patrol?

Hi,
Today i am at the SPC, topping up my patrol. This is my first time driving car and topping up patrol. I ask the attendant to top up to half a tank, but he told me unable to, and insist that i instructed how many litres to top up or to full tank.

So i estimate i might need 4 litre of RON 95 ( I assume 1 litre is 10km, 4 litre is 40km, which is enough to for me travel to my destination and back to my origin).

The attendant which help me top up, end up topping up by 5 litre instead of 4 liter. So end up I paying for the 5 liter cost.

Just curious, whether under such circumstance, can I actually insist of paying for the 4 litre, and not the 5 litre, since it is the attendant fault? Is it true that I must specify the number of litres to top up, instead of specifying "half the tank"?

Any tips and Trip for the newbie driver (like me) how to top up patrol and save cost as much as possible?

Just to enhance clarity with response to some of the below replied posts: The car is a rental car.where you need to ensure the reserved fuel light is NOT on, when u return the car , otherwise you will be charged penalty. hence when i collect the car, the previous user already left the remaining fuel near empty. Hence i follow suite to top up to last for short trip back and fro. If this is my car, I would of course, have top up to full tank to avoid wasting multiple trips to and fro the patrol station

2plus is a very small amt, that's true. but I just want to learn from the experience drivers, to see if what I experience is a typical situation, and not that the attendant did it on purpose just to help the company earn that little bit of extra money.

Last edited by A Nice Guy; 04-11-2019 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: This is a rental car
A Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:28 AM   #2

In addition, do u need to wait for the fuel top-up to finish, before proceed with the payment? or while the attendant is topping up, we can do the payment?
A Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:30 AM   #3

Pump 4l or 5l can save what kind of costs ?

Pump so little and u need to keep going back to the station to pump?
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Tell attendant fuel 10....

Joke aside......

I think u can't afford to drive .

Simi 4L , 5L... Wtf pump so little bit. U drive motorcycle??

Sent from 我不是金钱的狗奴才 using GAGT
LuckyGoHappy likes this.
zzt231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Hi,
Today i am at the SPC, topping up my patrol. This is my first time driving car and topping up patrol. I ask the attendant to top up to half a tank, but he told me unable to, and insist that i instructed how many litres to top up or to full tank.

So i estimate i might need 4 litre of RON 95 ( I assume 1 litre is 10km, 4 litre is 40km, which is enough to for me travel to my destination and back to my origin).

The attendant which help me top up, end up topping up by 5 litre instead of 4 liter. So end up I paying for the 5 liter cost.

Just curious, whether under such circumstance, can I actually insist of paying for the 4 litre, and not the 5 litre, since it is the attendant fault? Is it true that I must specify the number of litres to top up, instead of specifying "half the tank"?

Any tips and Trip for the newbie driver (like me) how to top up patrol and save cost as much as possible?
Dont drive la. 4-5 litre petrol? Can last u how long. Pump petrol also dunno, how u know 1 litre can last u 10km?
Better off taking bus la.
LouisSaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
Master Member

You better donít drive.
thomas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

This kind of situation usually just wave away the pump attendants and pump the patrol yourself so that you can control how many patrols go insai your fuel ten
zzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

Why entertain him?
seowbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #9

Alamak.. how does the attendant know half tank is how many litre.. diff car diff tank capacity leh.. first time driving or not this kinda thing is kinda basic. I guess u r renting car n top up to return.

Either u tell e attendant full tank, how many litre or how much($). U can only pay when it is done not halfway thru.. anyway 1 litre of petrol onli 2plus.. dun gek gao over it

Hi,

iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #10

This is a rental car?

Technically you can argue and not pay for the extra 1 litre, (and they'll probably waive it) cause it's only $2+.

But drivers usually just fill it up.

If it's rental, or you're borrowing somebody's car, then you just go to the petrol kiosk at the end of your journey, and top up to the original level.

HTH.
the_r0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #11
Great Supremacy Member

So bei cheapo, take people car to drive. At least pump back full tank la.
seowbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #12
Master Member

1. Pump yourself.
2. Take our efficient public transport.
sinicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

TS shld rename from nice guy to gian peng guy
LouisSaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

Another trick or treat is give the fuel nozzle a jiggle to shake all the patrols outsai into fuel ten cos u oreally paid for it if not is jin lugi
zzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #15

I thought rental car needs to be returned with full tank? That's my practise usually in other countries.
sigeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.