Bent customer barrier at tuas checkpoint

cross.key191

Reaction score
Sigh..Just back from JB thru tuas. When reversing to avoid hitting wall, my car bent the custom barrier.
Which is still working fine. The custom officer notes all my details and said their admin would contact my insurance.
Anyone encountered this before?..
Thanks!

Xcert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard all of ah gong's property all very expensive one....not sure true or not.

cross.key191

Reaction score
I heard all of ah gong's property all very expensive one....not sure true or not.
I kinda heard custom barrier up to 3k plus one...Not sure true or not.
And even it's just a minor bent. I believe they will replace the whole..

I have NCD 50%. Sigh. Might have to claim..

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. All public property are EXPENSIVE. Heard from my insurance agent that day a lamp post, costing alone is $7k. Haven include labour and installation.

Good luck dude

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score

Yes they'll replace a new one for sure.
If they attempt to bend back the barrier, the structural integrity will be compromised.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Drove into those luminous pole once. Surprised that it can bend down 90deg and spring back. It looks broken. Suay suay one TP pass by and told me I broke it. I ask how? He says the broken part is under my car now. We both bend down to check...nothing underneath it. Nonethless he charged me for damaging public property. Bill was $300.

cross.key191

Reaction score
Bro. If only $300 to me, I will really thank God..
The barrier I 'touched' didn't bounce back. It was bent. Looks the material is aluminum. My car was OK. No scratches it looks.

Drove into those luminous pole once. Surprised that it can bend down 90deg and spring back. It looks broken. Suay suay one TP pass by and told me I broke it. I ask how? He says the broken part is under my car now. We both bend down to check...nothing underneath it. Nonethless he charged me for damaging public property. Bill was $300.

cross.key191

Reaction score
Anyway called insurance. I have to go neighborhood to make police report first. As gov property involved..

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway called insurance. I have to go neighborhood to make police report first. As gov property involved..
It's not they charge high... it's their contractors.

If they themselves damaged it, the contractors replace/fix at an agreed FM price. Others, they will charge accordingly at higher prices as you are not part of their contractual coverage.

Kena before my vendor damage SPF property, their FM contractor really is lion big open mouth. The SPF i/c tell me if it's they ask FM to fix, it's actually quite cheap but since this is not their fault they can't do anything.

yrh0413

Reaction score
you mean you reverse and hit the barrier after you drove past the custom booth?

cross.key191

Reaction score
Not passed yet. There r 2 barriers. The in one and out one. I passed the first one. But my car left side mirror was so close to the window wall of custom booth. Then I had to reverse a bit to adjust.
And at that time, the barrier behind me fell down. Then I hit it..

you mean you reverse and hit the barrier after you drove past the custom booth?

cross.key191

Reaction score
Sigh.. like that chop me. I also no choice lor..

It's not they charge high... it's their contractors.

If they themselves damaged it, the contractors replace/fix at an agreed FM price. Others, they will charge accordingly at higher prices as you are not part of their contractual coverage.

Kena before my vendor damage SPF property, their FM contractor really is lion big open mouth. The SPF i/c tell me if it's they ask FM to fix, it's actually quite cheap but since this is not their fault they can't do anything.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Then gg, they took all your details they now have upper hand.
Can claim anything from you. Maybe just slight repair 100 now claim you 1 full set.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
once bent hv to replace a new boom~ material cost v cheap but the labour to work at the restricted area will be inflated gaogao~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.