www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Best approach to IU payment (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/best-approach-iu-payment-6341156.html)

misosoup365 21-07-2020 05:03 PM

Best approach to IU payment

Been stuck using the most basic cash card for the past decade. Started googling and find so many pattern nowadays, Contactless cash card, ezlink, virtual cash card, ezpay etc.any of these have their pros and cons unfortunately, not exactly standardised....

What's the best solution out there?

Is there one that allows auto top up and earn credit card rebates or points??

kebinu 21-07-2020 05:16 PM

I'm using vcashcard, but it works for ERP only and when your cash card is not inserted in IU.

Ashton 21-07-2020 05:18 PM

The basic cash card is still the best, i always top up $100 $150 and let it deduct slowly, just need to get IU cover to conceal.

Don't bother with the flashpay card, i tried for a while and found out many carparks still don't support it, make me look damn stupid several times.

I remember once at the sail i jammed up the exit queue and ended up having to pay $8 cash.. $&#*&$#*(@$

misosoup365 21-07-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashton (Post 128613510)
The basic cash card is still the best, i always top up $100 $150 and let it deduct slowly, just need to get IU cover to conceal.

Don't bother with the flashpay card, i tried for a while and found out many carparks still don't support it, make me look damn stupid several times.

I remember once at the sail i jammed up the exit queue and ended up having to pay $8 cash.. $&#*&$#*(@$

This is my biggest fear.... Its shocking to see how after so many decades. So little progress been made on building a more advanced simplified system....

Finbias 21-07-2020 05:24 PM

Dealer gave me flashcard on one of my cars so I have to keep a chip card with small amount inside just incase I end up parking at one of the ones that don't take new card

stylechap 21-07-2020 05:34 PM

The old cashcard is the best
Works for all gantry
Keep another cepas flashpay card in case of emergency. Doubles as ezlink should you need to take public transport.

Nurse.Vijay 21-07-2020 06:14 PM

Nowadays still got car park donít accept flash pay? Dealers no longer give out chip cash card. My only one is expiring in 2 years time.

really_noob 21-07-2020 09:53 PM

7-11 is selling the chip cashcard. I bought mine in March this year.

Now I change between a normal ez-link card and chip cashcard. Too many extra ez-link cards lying around so I want to use them until they expire. Previously had 2 chip cashcards and both expired around the same time.

Yes some carparks cannot take ez-link card. My lifestyle is quite routine so always go to the same old places. After a while I know which carparks are the problematic ones so if the barrier doesn't open, I'll change and insert the chip cashcard for it to deduct.

NoLogicLah 21-07-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Why worry? I always ignore and jam up their cp. i expect anything accepted by IU the cp shld accept too

It is their fault for not upgrading. Used to go a few places u press security they just open and let u go. Think now upgrade liao haha

stylechap 21-07-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLogicLah (Post 128618434)
Why worry? I always ignore and jam up their cp. i expect anything accepted by IU the cp shld accept too

It is their fault for not upgrading. Used to go a few places u press security they just open and let u go. Think now upgrade liao haha

Wait till you go to upgraded gantry but need to hold tap for 10 seconds :s13:

bboyirving 21-07-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

yea i also think the basic cashcard is the best. buy from 7-11 think $10 then got $5 value inside.

the new iu unit i nvr even put cover. haha. singapore should be ok one

put the cover the amount inside left v hard to see

really_noob 21-07-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboyirving (Post 128618559)
yea i also think the basic cashcard is the best. buy from 7-11 think $10 then got $5 value inside.

the new iu unit i nvr even put cover. haha. singapore should be ok one

put the cover the amount inside left v hard to see

I also don't have IU cover and just leave the card inside all the time but max $50 in each card. Now recession coming, I think might have more of these car break in like what we see in JB. So maybe it's time to start taking more precautions. I'm your typical kiasi Sinkie.

Ashton 21-07-2020 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by really_noob (Post 128619961)
I also don't have IU cover and just leave the card inside all the time but max $50 in each card. Now recession coming, I think might have more of these car break in like what we see in JB. So maybe it's time to start taking more precautions. I'm your typical kiasi Sinkie.

I used to take out the card every night lol, then i started getting read error on the IU so i decided to leave it there full time.
Bought a cover for $8+ at autobacs, then just top up a certain amount every month.

Much smoother with the good ol chip cashcard, confirm won't jam up then kena diao and horn by angry drivers behind. :s13:

sinistral 22-07-2020 12:25 AM

1) vcashcard for ERP
2) nets flashpay card with auto top-up using CC for gantries

No cashcard in IU unless need to exit gantry

skytan13 22-07-2020 07:09 AM

I never remove or cover my iu

As long you dun drive flashy cars and now most of the cars got cam

Rarely you have idiots whom want to do the cash card lucky pick