Can you afford a car?

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder why do so many young people want to drive so badly? Is it a lifestyle thing? Personally I don't drive as I see no need for it and I just follow based on a needs basis.

My lifestyle and profession does not require me to have a set of wheels although there are sometimes I think it is convenient. A lot of people have been trying to hint to me to 'upgrade' my lifestyle because I can afford to.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder why do so many young people want to drive so badly? Is it a lifestyle thing? Personally I don't drive as I see no need for it and I just follow based on a needs basis.

My lifestyle and profession does not require me to have a set of wheels although there are sometimes I think it is convenient. A lot of people have been trying to hint to me to 'upgrade' my lifestyle because I can afford to.
yeah i guess owning a car has become a "need" for many young pple. it's one of the Cs anyway, and also no thanks to the increasing automobile related hype like F1, more and more turbo cars around, car advertisements, technology becoming more abundantly available such that pple start to get exposed to information earlier and earlier... all these... and of cos, the ease of getting your hands on a car nowadays makes it even more tempting.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
about this you-only-live-once mentality, it sounds like their gonna die in a couple of months and therefore die die must experience car ownership.

Inzaghi009

Reaction score

I am puzzled too, but may I ask you a few questions.

Are you attached(Girlffriend/wife)? If yes, do you have any child?

And also may I know how old are you?

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
32, single.

i don't understand the need part. i mean, most people I know do want to own cars at some point, but everyone expected to work a few years first to have some money. those who drove in uni was because either parents got money or they were regulars on scholarships.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I dun think i will ever need a car.

If I buy it is just for convinience sake. Im nt like buying to race or buy bcoz just about everyone has it. OR maybe I just had to buy it, i will buy it.

IMO, it is not wether a need,or want. Just feel like it lo.

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
32, single.

i don't understand the need part. i mean, most people I know do want to own cars at some point, but everyone expected to work a few years first to have some money. those who drove in uni was because either parents got money or they were regulars on scholarships.

I hope u dun find me offending, with the question i asked.

Frankly speaking, me too dun realli need a car, I am fine with the public tranpsort.

under some olded folks and peers advice, + some aconsideration and observation, i decided to buy a car in Jan this year.

No regrets, it improves my lifestyles and landed me with some babes. It is realli easier to get a partner with a car, a lifestyle thing. Well i also know jolly well that this may lead to another argument on whether are SG girls materialistic. Well SG girls are definitely materialistic, but so are SG guys who are so pragmatic, no looks n boobs, fatty ass---> I dun wan!!

Most of the single guys, dun drives.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not offended at all.

once you have reach around my age, you will have less desire to change your lifestyle to suit someone.

ASM_HWZ

Reaction score

There ain't few like U...

I got a friend in his late 40, and is now planning to retire... Couple of years, he bought his wife a merc as her profession required one... but he owned none then; when he was invited to friend wedding... he take bus and a long walk to wedding location... he enjoyed it.

He got a job as region Director, he bought a Volvo... but after a year... he sold...

When asked.... he replied: There is no need to owned one in SG...

He just enjoy simple life but his life is not simple...

So you are one of few elite in SG...:)

Last edited:

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Landing girls simply because you own a car is pretty passe IMO. Almost every tom dick and harry owns one these days.

Finding a girl without a car is more logical (a tougher challenge no doubt), but will get you the right type of girl who will stick with you think and thin. I courted my wife when I wasn't driving, and if I can find someone, many of you guys out there can, especially considering my weight :D

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
Landing girls simply because you own a car is pretty passe IMO. Almost every tom dick and harry owns one these days.

Finding a girl without a car is more logical (a tougher challenge no doubt), but will get you the right type of girl who will stick with you think and thin. I courted my wife when I wasn't driving, and if I can find someone, many of you guys out there can, especially considering my weight :D

I think you miss out the important point here.

Well what makes you think that yr girl is the right type of girl who will stick with you think and thick? isit because the relationship was initiated on a humble beginning?

My girl left for someone who drives an integra many yrs back when i was a poor uni student. SG girls are practical lah.. It boils down to looks lah. If she is pretty then more suitors and naturally the best man win loh. If ugly then the only suitor wins loh.(no fish, shrimp also good).

Well, cars is not a must in dating, however if you want a damn chio and in great demand type of girl then u better have many advantages over yr competitorS. Otherwise, settle for a lesser grade one ba.

I learnt from CLASS 95 (around 6.20pm) on a survey done on SG girls, Sadly a high proportion of them dun wan to settle for guys who earn lesser or less educated than them. It summed up EVERYTHING.

sorry if I offend anyone.

Inzuyaki

Reaction score
if i set aside $800 monthly do u guys think that it is enuough to afford a honda civic 2nd hand that is 2 years old?

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you miss out the important point here.

Well what makes you think that yr girl is the right type of girl who will stick with you think and thick? isit because the relationship was initiated on a humble beginning?

My girl left for someone who drives an integra many yrs back when i was a poor uni student. SG girls are practical lah.. It boils down to looks lah. If she is pretty then more suitors and naturally the best man win loh. If ugly then the only suitor wins loh.(no fish, shrimp also good).

Well, cars is not a must in dating, however if you want a damn chio and in great demand type of girl then u better have many advantages over yr competitorS. Otherwise, settle for a lesser grade one ba.

I learnt from CLASS 95 (around 6.20pm) on a survey done on SG girls, Sadly a high proportion of them dun wan to settle for guys who earn lesser or less educated than them. It summed up EVERYTHING.

sorry if I offend anyone.
Obviously most girls don't want to find guys who earn less than them. If you're a girl, you will probably do the same loh. But there are still plenty of guys who find good beautiful girls without ever driving vehicles.

The good old care, concern still works for alot of ladies. How many of you out there will really want a party girl who leaves you for the next Integra driver. Especially if you are dating seriously with marriage in mind, you wouldn't be going for these type of girls lah. The vehicle does not have any charm. Only you do.

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
Obviously most girls don't want to find guys who earn less than them. If you're a girl, you will probably do the same loh. But there are still plenty of guys who find good beautiful girls without ever driving vehicles.

The good old care, concern still works for alot of ladies. How many of you out there will really want a party girl who leaves you for the next Integra driver. Especially if you are dating seriously with marriage in mind, you wouldn't be going for these type of girls lah. The vehicle does not have any charm. Only you do.

Erm... How about considered 2 parties.

1st one has plently of good old care + a car

2nd one has plently og good old care w/o a car.

which relationship will blossom 1st?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.