Car aircon do not blow out cold air.

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info bros!

I just came back from Toyota Service Centre at Leng Kee and the engineer helped me to change the electric clutch which was the caused of the problem. As my VIOS is still under warranty (extended, 5 yrs), no charges were billed to me. On top of that, they also helped me to do a simple car wash as a value added service.

Overall, my aircon is back running with the usual coolness and I'm a happy man :D.

Lastly, does anyone knows what an electric clutch is? I'm a real layman in this sort of terms as I only know of compressor and nitrogen gas for aircon only... :o
Glad to see you fixed your problem :)

r_aquarii

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info bros!

I just came back from Toyota Service Centre at Leng Kee and the engineer helped me to change the electric clutch which was the caused of the problem. As my VIOS is still under warranty (extended, 5 yrs), no charges were billed to me. On top of that, they also helped me to do a simple car wash as a value added service.

Overall, my aircon is back running with the usual coolness and I'm a happy man :D.

Lastly, does anyone knows what an electric clutch is? I'm a real layman in this sort of terms as I only know of compressor and nitrogen gas for aircon only... :o

that 1 is magnetic clutch. outside services is below $100
its a common problem for vios actually.
btw ar, aircon gas is not nitrogen gas (nitrogen can use to pump tyre)
our car normally use HC12a gas

famasutika

Reaction score
By right, air con gas is sealed and don't need top up. If need to top up, means there is a leak somewhere probably.

Cheap way to troubleshoot would be spend 15 or 20 bucks to top up gas. If with a week not cold again, then spend money to get it checked

I am having the similar problem. air con not cold, pump gas, and after a while, not cold again. In this case, is it condenser problem or air-con coil leakage? And intermittently, my air-con will release moldly smell, any idea what happen?

Tomika quoted me $450++ for Denso coil replacement, $530++ for filter dryer and a valve replacement. Worth it?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I did mine condenser replacement at $499nett. Kia Cerato on its 5th yrs. At Yew Tee industrial. He even gave me back my old one.

Anyway, I realise there is a cheaper AC workshop in AMK industrial area. My Bro did ask ard in Yew Tee 1st - compressor Kaput ard $500 for replacement. He didnt got it done and he himself found thru fren to do at AMK there for only $250. I sure going back to AMK side if I ever got problem. Touch Wood!!

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another possible option may be look for scrapyard air con to replace... Don't ask me where, cuz I only heard of people doing it buy don't know where.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
See if any workshop got connection with Toll at Tuas. I have been there - Ur mouth will open big big when you seeing hundreds of car newer then the one you driving are ready for export/scrap/cut. One of the largest scrap exporter in Singapore.

r_aquarii

Reaction score
actually aircon servicing jb is much cheaper price in sg
aircon ws in sg quote me $500+ for a recon compressor.
same thing in jb and i waste quoted rm600+

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually aircon servicing jb is much cheaper price in sg
aircon ws in sg quote me $500+ for a recon compressor.
same thing in jb and i waste quoted rm600+

A lot of things very cheap in jb. My bro got a scrap radiator for 92 corolla at rm150

NovJoe

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah... A bit shock to see the revival of this thread... Hahaha...

@r_aquarii,
Thanks for enlightening me on the type of gas used for our a/c.

@jq75
1 more year and my extended warranty will end liao... Glad that I have learn a lot from this thread.

famasutika

Reaction score
I did mine condenser replacement at $499nett. Kia Cerato on its 5th yrs. At Yew Tee industrial. He even gave me back my old one.

Anyway, I realise there is a cheaper AC workshop in AMK industrial area. My Bro did ask ard in Yew Tee 1st - compressor Kaput ard $500 for replacement. He didnt got it done and he himself found thru fren to do at AMK there for only $250. I sure going back to AMK side if I ever got problem. Touch Wood!!

bro, do you have the shop name or contact for the AMK air-con shop?

famasutika

Reaction score
any idea why intermittently my air con will release moldly smell at one side of the air-cond outlet, but not all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.