Car aircon do not blow out cold air.

r_aquarii

Reaction score
try century auto, just beside new york hotel
for servicing bring your own oil better and parts.

kazaf99

Reaction score
actually just wanna service my aircon nia
like very long nv do anything to it already

with regards to oil and parts, do you guys buy in sg or jb?

daristan

Master Member
Reaction score
My air con blow hot air and after check up with replacement of air con discharge hose of $120 and additional $45 for Labour and recharge aircon cost. Altogether $165. Is it reasonable for a Mitsubishi Lancer 7 years old, think.is glx model.

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My air con blow hot air and after check up with replacement of air con discharge hose of $120 and additional $45 for Labour and recharge aircon cost. Altogether $165. Is it reasonable for a Mitsubishi Lancer 7 years old, think.is glx model.

which workshop is this? if you are talking about the aircon drain hose, that one has never cause hot air problem as far as I know because it is used to drain away condensation.

daristan

Master Member
Reaction score
which workshop is this? if you are talking about the aircon drain hose, that one has never cause hot air problem as far as I know because it is used to drain away condensation.

At amk industrial park 2a,
Found a silimiar pic
a_c_hose_a_c_refrigerant_discharge_hose_pipe_for_mitsubishi_lancer_air_con_pipe_hose_a_c_vacuum_hose_assy.jpg

A/C Hose A/C Refrigerant Discharge Hose Pipe for Mitsubishi Lancer Air Con Pipe Hose /A/C VACUUM HOSE ASSY(98042423)

Last edited:

notAfag

Reaction score
dont be mistaken people. there are 2 main hoses in the AC system in a car.. one is the high pressure pipe and the other low pressure pipe... anyway there are many causes behind AC blowing out hot air. things like the receiver/drier and TXV could be a cause too. please do not narrow it to leaks and compressor. anyway most of the R134a in singapore, when topped up to the AC system in the vehicle, has a green dye to go along. just use ultra violet light and if there is leak it is very obvious

daristan

Master Member
Reaction score
The guy was using his hp as a torch and trying to show me there is a leak, which I also don't know where it is pointing. So after changing the hose, he use a machine and pump in some air and etc. Months ago my car when stationary will start to blow hot air after awhile until car start moving again.

notAfag

Reaction score
huh? how can you view leaks by using a normal torch? the dye will only be visible under UV light.... anyway the machine i guess is to recover the r134a and vacuum the excessive vapour and air inside the system...

daristan

Master Member
Reaction score
huh? how can you view leaks by using a normal torch? the dye will only be visible under UV light.... anyway the machine i guess is to recover the r134a and vacuum the excessive vapour and air inside the system...
Hmm. Think you have a point. Do you think the hose cost $120? And can be the cause of hot air?

notAfag

Reaction score
cost im not sure.... anyway changed liao nothing much you can do. just want to share info with you

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
dont be mistaken people. there are 2 main hoses in the AC system in a car.. one is the high pressure pipe and the other low pressure pipe... anyway there are many causes behind AC blowing out hot air. things like the receiver/drier and TXV could be a cause too. please do not narrow it to leaks and compressor. anyway most of the R134a in singapore, when topped up to the AC system in the vehicle, has a green dye to go along. just use ultra violet light and if there is leak it is very obvious

my car also same issue. one side cold air, one side hot air.. go to the recommended workshop in Woodlands Ind Park.. a young guy came and check (instead of that expert guy).. He also use a normal white touch light and check through the engine bay and say that he cant find any green liquid and just conclude that my fan coil have spoiled since cant find any leaks. need two days to replace and cost S$1300......

i read through other forums and found that the rates charges are usually around S$400- S$500 for fan coil.... i did not replace at that place and now will ask another few workshop to check/quote..

xfreelybolx

Reaction score
toyota_wish2_zps29193fe4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Went to a workshop in pioneer. Told car mechanic that car air con is cold during normal driving but blowing hot air during jam situation...He unscrew this little cap and place an equipment with gauges meter/reading...he conclude that my compressor doesn't have any suction and recommend me to change the compressor which cost around SGD 700+..... any bros encounter this before?? how to check if compressor really up lorry?

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
see you all spend hundreds i see also scared.

one time, my car was blowing hot air during start-up. it would take about 15mins of driving before it starts blowing cold air. so i drove into a workshop.

mechanic checked that the hose from engine bay going into the dashboard was cold. so it's definitely no problem with aircon.

so he changed the relay. problem solved. explained to me on how he troubleshoot. directed me to cashier and told me i had to pay $75 for relay. lucky affordable.

go back. check online for this air con relay thing. realised the relay actually very cheap. 30-40?

but what to do. pay $$ already. i think if their recommendation costs hundreds and thousands... please explore other places 1st.

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the air con start off cold and then start blowing hot air during the drive, it is not likely to be leak.

Most likely the aircon magnetic clutch problem. This problem is usually far more common than actual leak or compressor spoil.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the air con start off cold and then start blowing hot air during the drive, it is not likely to be leak.

Most likely the aircon magnetic clutch problem. This problem is usually far more common than actual leak or compressor spoil.

yeah this magnetic clutch thing happens to me 2 months back... was driving in to JB during the haze period and it just happens. luckily managed to fix it in a ws in JB.

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah this magnetic clutch thing happens to me 2 months back... was driving in to JB during the haze period and it just happens. luckily managed to fix it in a ws in JB.

colleague car had the same problem, also during haze period.

Imperado

Reaction score
hmm my car seem to be giving warm air during day time and only cold air during early morning and night time.. could it be magnetic clutch issue?

The setting is set to 'keep the air inside the car' and not 'take the surrounding air'.. Sorry for my explanation as I not sure what is the proper word to use hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.