Car aircon do not blow out cold air.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My car sometimes under v hot sun after say half hr, aircon will nt b cold, blow out hot air. But turn to level 3, after arnd 30min driving expressway, the cold air comes in.
Other normal temp days, aircon no prob. Any ideas bro.

Simi char you driving?
My bolehland car has this problem too... Especially caught in a jam and or under hot sun.
Head north replaced the compressor then all goes well. :s13:

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Simi char you driving?
My bolehland car has this problem too... Especially caught in a jam and or under hot sun.
Head north replaced the compressor then all goes well. :s13:

Other days is it ok? Ie normal days, early morning, nite. Especially when weather nt hot. Aircon cold?

If the above is yes, i think most likely nt comp prob. Tio carrot liao

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other days is it ok? Ie normal days, early morning, nite. Especially when weather nt hot. Aircon cold?

people already said compressor replaced and now everything is okay, and then you replied tio carrot chop? HUH? :D

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then what is the problem huh?
But change compressor liao, problem solved. Been 12 months ago, so far so good leh....

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Then what is the problem huh?
But change compressor liao, problem solved. Been 12 months ago, so far so good leh....

From my opinion, bcos due to hot weather, yr clutch could nt engage s it is using electromagnetic. Hot weather causes more resistance. The airgap is a bit big. Of course WS say replace comp s they can profit more la.

Jus replace the spacer in the clutch plate shld solve. If comp nt pumping properly, other conditions u will still encounter tis prob.

Nxt few days gg to chk w the WS c hw for my car. Hot weather only aircon nt wking.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my opinion, bcos due to hot weather, yr clutch could nt engage s it is using electromagnetic. Hot weather causes more resistance. The airgap is a bit big. Of course WS say replace comp s they can profit more la.

Jus replace the spacer in the clutch plate shld solve. If comp nt pumping properly, other conditions u will still encounter tis prob.

Nxt few days gg to chk w the WS c hw for my car. Hot weather only aircon nt wking.

Orh.... Keep us updated after check at WS....:)

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what could have went wrong for my aircon?

Compressor started rumbling and aircon hot cold at all. Warm air started blowing.

To get this repair, how much it cost? New car coming in end march/Apr. Worth repairing?

1st you need to confirm if the clutch on the compressor pick (kick in). You can test this by asking someone in the car to prevent AC switch on/off and watch the compressor clutch pick and released. If nothing happen. For time to check is if the relay give trouble.

If you are on Honda Civic. I know the cooling fan and relay is common issue. Compressor itself hardly unless you send you car to workshop, they will live to replace it so they can charge you more.

PM me if you need the relay. Is the same relay use thru out Honda series. I have bought some spare from Banggood previously.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No prob. 😁

If anyone or Workshp say comp gt prob when most days r ok, i jus don buy tat. Totally nonsense. Can say thermostat or sensor watever.

You are right. They just want more money. In some case, they just charge you the compressor price but just clean it up so it looks new to you.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My car sometimes under v hot sun after say half hr, aircon will nt b cold, blow out hot air. But turn to level 3, after arnd 30min driving expressway, the cold air comes in.
Other normal temp days, aircon no prob. Any ideas bro.

Cooling fan has failed. When the car go high way, cooling fan actually not required as outside air is enough to cool the radiator.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Cooling fan has failed. When the car go high way, cooling fan actually not required as outside air is enough to cool the radiator.
Nope. Both my fans run when aircon cut in. Both off or reduced speed when aircon cut off. Hav dbl cfm tis. Btw my drv is lancer glx cs3.
I noticed my clutch plate air gap is quite big. V suspect tis is the cause of tis phenomenal.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Orh.... Keep us updated after check at WS....:)

2 wkshops i went. 1st one say is compressor issue - 600$. Req to take out washer, but the mechanic nt willing to do, giv reasons ie gt noise, some customer complain aft take out no aircon kena scolded. Nvm i go my own WS.

Told them the issue : also sugg likely comp issue. I req to take out washer, try 1st, if cannot then chg la. Work from simple troubleshoot then to chg whole comp ma. They okok la. Take out clutch plate n remove 1 washer. Onky 15-20min job. Aft fnsh ask boss hw much. Boss smile smile say she dono hw to charge also. I smile smile giv her 20$. She happy n i left.

Aft they take out the washer, can c the airgap really reduce alot.

Will update if prob comes bk.

Last edited:

lobanghunter

Reaction score
anyone owns a Ford Fiesta here?

got a weird smell coming out from my air con. apparently this issue quite common but cannot find the issue. went to workshop but need to open up the and check cooling coil, pipes etc to find out about the issues

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score

got a weird smell coming out from my air con. apparently this issue quite common but cannot find the issue. went to workshop but need to open up the and check cooling coil, pipes etc to find out about the issues
My car every morning when start the aircon will hav abit of "funny chemical smell". But aft a short while will go away. I sugg nt to open up n chk bcos if either 1 of the item u mention gt leak, after 1 day confirm yr car nt cold le. The aircon gas is high press.

Jus cont to monitor.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aircon spoilt I am expert , my car Aircon From compressor spoilt till coil . My advice is like this if your compressor is spoilt le or coil is spoilt just pump the Aircon gas inside to lake it cold temporary every month . U will notice u will need to pump more reguerly when then leak get more and more
So what u do ? If the car more then 7 year please change it
I repair 15 k last year till give up and change car

soufool

Reaction score
Aircon spoilt I am expert , my car Aircon From compressor spoilt till coil . My advice is like this if your compressor is spoilt le or coil is spoilt just pump the Aircon gas inside to lake it cold temporary every month . U will notice u will need to pump more reguerly when then leak get more and more
So what u do ? If the car more then 7 year please change it
I repair 15 k last year till give up and change car

You repair aircon spend $15k? You drive ferrari? :eek:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not only Aircon la , compressor is 1.5 k and then the coil zzzzzzz. 15 k is made up of many different part , u suay 1 major part fail then the rest all turn by turn come out

You repair aircon spend $15k? You drive ferrari? :eek:

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check your coolant tank, whether it depletes faster than normal. If so, likely a leak somewhere in your cooling system. The smell is likely due to your coolant.

Mine was the cooling coil behind the dashboard. Workshop helped me bypass the cooling coil.

Dxlim12

Reaction score
Any idea how much it cost to fix ac magnetic clutch in Sg? I'm driving a Honda accord 2009 2.0L. NY aircon blow hot air intermittently. And I realized that the magnetic clutch is not engaged when hot air is being blown. Hence I'm quite sure it's the magnetic clutch faulty.

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score
Hi all, just now my car suddenly blowing out hot/normal air when it was working fine in the morning. Visited one of the ws near my place and they said my ac gas was already empty. Did a visual check using touch light, and told me cooling coil was leaking.

Just asking what's the usual price to change the cooling coil? I was quoted $460.
TIA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.