HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental contract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #1

Unhappy Car rental contract

My friend rented a car for 4 days and he is a p-plate. He paid $300 deposit for the car. What happened was while parking he accidentally hit another car parked beside and scrapped the sides. He settled the other personís car privately by paying $500 for a dent and a few scrapes. Then the rental car was sent to workshop and it was $200, no dents but got scrapes. Contract said car needs to be in the original state to get back the $300 deposit. So total another $500 gone for the accident. He signed the contract without reading it through thoroughly. No copy of the contract was given to him. Just want to know whether the $300 deposit is totally impossible to get back?
heyyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
Master Member

What he should've learned: next time just return the car and don't repair lol
stylechap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #3

My friend rented a car for 4 days and he is a p-plate. He paid $300 deposit for the car. What happened was while parking he accidentally hit another car parked beside and scrapped the sides. He settled the other personís car privately by paying $500 for a dent and a few scrapes. Then the rental car was sent to workshop and it was $200, no dents but got scrapes. Contract said car needs to be in the original state to get back the $300 deposit. So total another $500 gone for the accident. He signed the contract without reading it through thoroughly. No copy of the contract was given to him. Just want to know whether the $300 deposit is totally impossible to get back?
next time use car sharing.
or next time find a company to rent a car without deposit.
bbmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Your friend should have ask the ws to repair the dent and spray back to original state .. then return the car and get back the deposit.

Other rental companies will state an excess which is confirm few thousand excess especially for a P plate.
mp4005 help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 07:14 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

It was send to the workshop when ? In the 4 days or after
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #6

It was send to the workshop when ? In the 4 days or after
The rental car was sent after.
Old 26-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #7

What he should've learned: next time just return the car and don't repair lol
The repair was sent to rental car owner workshop. So what i meant was because got accident thatís why he took the deposit even though my friend already paid for the damage
Old 26-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #8

My friend notified the rental car owner about the accident then ask my friend to send to his workshop to fix after 4 days. My friend already paying the $200 for the damage he caused. But the rental car owner say cannot give back the $300 deposit because the contract say need return from original state (prior to accident). Even though my friend signed the contract without reading through which is dumb la but just want to know can report police or suck thumb because he signed the contract. He still need request the owner to take picture of the contract because he donít even have a copy.
Old 26-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

My friend notified the rental car owner about the accident then ask my friend to send to his workshop to fix after 4 days. My friend already paying the $200 for the damage he caused. But the rental car owner say cannot give back the $300 deposit because the contract say need return from original state (prior to accident). Even though my friend signed the contract without reading through which is dumb la but just want to know can report police or suck thumb because he signed the contract. He still need request the owner to take picture of the contract because he don’t even have a copy.
actually if repair already isn't it "original state"? he ought to have access to the contract.
Old 26-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #10

actually if repair already isn't it "original state"? he ought to have access to the contract.
Thatís what i also thought. If itís gonna be fixed then isnít it going to be back to the original state? He is requesting the owner for the copy of the contract tomorrow. Then after that maybe can nego??
Old 26-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Thatís what i also thought. If itís gonna be fixed then isnít it going to be back to the original state? He is requesting the owner for the copy of the contract tomorrow. Then after that maybe can nego??
Your friend rent from who? A company or some random person?
Old 26-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

suck thumb.
yusoffb01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 08:16 PM   #13

Your friend rent from who? A company or some random person?
Car is rented from a company
Old 26-10-2020, 08:16 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

demand for the contract first then talk. in the mean time, make sure everything is documented in B&W. i.e. any correspondence
Old 26-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #15

please SIC car rental company so all of us can avoid at all cost
bbmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.