HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car video cam. 24hr?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #16

Ask the AD to intro u what type of sd card to purchase for car cam. They knows.

Blackvue sd cards are quite exp. Good thing is got warranty. Mine havent half a year already spoilt due to constant overwriting. But they do 1 to 1 exchange as still under warranty.
U dun need to get blackvue SD card. I used Samsung 128Gb evo last time. Can last few days w/o over riding.
mel1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #17

Anyone can advise if I go short trip and let my 24hr car cam to continue record for few days... Will my car battery dies and gimme problems? Or got option to sometimes turn of 24hrs recording?
ureshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #18

Anyone can advise if I go short trip and let my 24hr car cam to continue record for few days... Will my car battery dies and gimme problems? Or got option to sometimes turn of 24hrs recording?
Your recorder should have motion detect function that trigger recording when detect motion.
selanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 04:28 AM   #19

You need to install an external battery. The camcorder should also have motion detection. The other thing to note is not to park in a high movement area (if it gets detedting movement all the time, the external battery could already be depleted within half a day)
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #20

You need to install an external battery. The camcorder should also have motion detection. The other thing to note is not to park in a high movement area (if it gets detedting movement all the time, the external battery could already be depleted within half a day)
Thanks... I will install external battery. So it won't tap my car battery right? I won't want to ended up car cannot start...
ureshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #21

Thanks... I will install external battery. So it won't tap my car battery right? I won't want to ended up car cannot start...
Install external battery is a safer to avoid battery flat. This would cost you couple of hundreds.

Another budget method is getting a magic pro. This magic pro act just like a timer from at least 6 hours to 48 hours if i am correct. Thereafter cuts recording when the set auto recording is up and also smart enough to detect low voltage from car battery and shut down recording immediately to prevent car from not starting.

Just offering another method for you.

Finally is your choice.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #22

there is no way your dashcam can perform continuous parking recording for days . A battery pack probably will give you up to 2 days of continuous recording if you go for the largest capacity model, some battery packs even allow you to daisy chain multiples to increase the capacity.

but then do ask yourself: how many days of recording your memory card can store before it gets overwritten? 2 days? What's the point of parking recording for 4 days but your memory card will be overwritten every 2 days? Ever thought of what if hit and run occurs 1 hour after you enter the boarding gate?

my advise to you if you are going on long vacation: check around your car park find a single lot or a corner lot. Hug the wall, do whatever it takes to protect your car. Go enjoy your holidays and stop thinking about your car.
myviowner likes this.
yrh0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #23

Yes, you are right. It would not drain your battery and shorten the car battery life. I did that previously (with a magic pro which has mechanisms to cut off when it detects car battery at a low level), and I had to change car battery within a year.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #24

Yes, you are right. It would not drain your battery and shorten the car battery life. I did that previously (with a magic pro which has mechanisms to cut off when it detects car battery at a low level), and I had to change car battery within a year.
Sad to hear that.

Usually, i will switch it off when in office cos got surveillance cameras around. If i go away for a long time, like bro said, will park close to a wall or else near to the entrance/ exit of mscp, cos there got one camera installed.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
Supremacy Member

Sad to hear that.

Usually, i will switch it off when in office cos got surveillance cameras around. If i go away for a long time, like bro said, will park close to a wall or else near to the entrance/ exit of mscp, cos there got one camera installed.
However I doubt you can obtain footage for HDB or management of the building if your car get hit.

靠人不如靠自己。
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.