HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cheap EO - Where to buy?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #16

I have a bottle of mixed carlube and helix but both same weight. Collected from many left over servicing as my oil capacity is only 3.5l.
Self collect at yishun. Pm me if keen.
mix breed EO sia.. so damn power one
bh10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #17

I used to buy this carlube from NTUC xtra and NTUC warehouse (joo koon) for $19.90. And on promotion they throw in fuel injector cleaner or other stuff.
Yeh, I was actually keen to try it out since it's one of the lowest $/L EOs out there on discount. Will stock up when I spot a discount. The usual price is about $40 right? Or is it always $19.90 at the warehouse?

Haha. Thatís reasonable!
Yea still the lowest I've ever paid was through a servicing voucher stacked with discount coupon..iirc $17.xx but that time I didn't need to top up for over 4L EO.

Even though my car is not some performance car, using EO plays a different in my car. Don't really know if it is some placebo effect, but when i use liquidmoly or some good oil, can feel the car is more fluid and more responsive. Using oil like shell helix or those turtle oil or schell, the car feels bloated and less responsive.

http://www.carbooil.de/high-performa...C-NS-A0670.jpg

Anyone heard or try this carbo oil before? Some friends recommend me leh. Saying it is german oil, quite good.
I believe that might be to do with the viscosity of the oil. Two oils rated at 40 can be quite different. I think think the more ex oils like Liqui Moly are more viscous while offering the same protection. Oils sheer with use so closer to servicing time the car should generally feel lighter/better fc than immediately after servicing but the problem with this is the engine is protected less.

I'm not really too concerned about these things though, my primary concern is if the EO can protect the engine and fc isn't too negatively affected. New oil, imo, whichever brand offers adequate protection. Might just need to do a change sooner.

Where to get this carbo oil? Never heard of it..I think..

not sure which supplier did they get from?
am pretty sure they do not make EO
nola..they do make their own eo. Rather it's probably just repackaged oil from their subcontractor but it is legit..
https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/o...w.php?ID=10031

check the offering @Fairprice Xtra, Giant supermarket, Forkliftparts Enterprise ...
Ooh, first two checked, thanks for the heads up on Forkliftparts Enterprise..will look into that
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:46 PM   #18

nola..they do make their own eo.
they own refinery?
Old 12-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #19

they own refinery?
hahaha
http://www.petroleum.gov.eg/en/media...052018_01.aspx
Old 12-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #20

do your research leh.. doh just cut & paste
EGAS is a state own company and Toyota can only invest into joint projects. there will always be restrictions when in joint projects in certain countries (eg. Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, China)

on the other hand, are you trying to say the local Toyota EO are refined from Egypt?
Old 12-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #21

do your research leh.. doh just cut & paste
EGAS is a state own company and Toyota can only invest into joint projects. there will always be restrictions when in joint projects in certain countries (eg. Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, China)

on the other hand, are you trying to say the local Toyota EO are refined from Egypt?
It's a joke. Don't wet yourself.
I've already said the EO they sell is almost certainly subcontracted to a 3rd party.

Last edited by HellHunter; 12-07-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Old 12-07-2019, 11:33 PM   #22

It's a joke.
******** all the way?
Old 13-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Engine Oil threads almost always get people arguing. I say just use any oil and change it early very early like every 5,000km.
myviowner likes this.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #24
Master Member

If u guys read the wordings on the bottle, both Toyota and Lexus oil made in UAE by SNLOC, with the Toyota one in collaboration with Idemitsu.
Car manufacturers also don’t make their own spark plugs, brake fluid, water pump etc isn’t it..even if their brand may be put on the box.
But people buy because of the trust in the brand, or rather the QC associated with it.

Don't expect too much out of these cheap oil though. They are cheap because they are made to just satisfy basic API ratings, which are sufficient for typical Japanese/Korean engines.

Last edited by Asure7; 13-07-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Asure7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #25
Master Member

If u guys read the wordings on the bottle, both Toyota and Lexus oil made in UAE by SNLOC, with the Toyota one in collaboration with Idemitsu.
Car manufacturers also donít make their own spark plugs, brake fluid, water pump etc isnít it..even if their brand may be put on the box.
But people buy because of the trust in the brand, or rather the QC associated with it.

Don't expect too much out of these cheap oil though. They are cheap because they are made to just satisfy basic API ratings, which are sufficient for typical Japanese/Korean engines.
I got $25/5L bottle. With Markings: sae sl/cf, acea a3, b3, vw 505 and MB 229.1.

EO brand is Delek Lubricants Motorsynth Full syn. From UAE.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #26
Master Member

Engine Oil threads almost always get people arguing. I say just use any oil and change it early very early like every 5,000km.
Yeah... Me too...
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #27
Master Member

I got $25/5L bottle. With Markings: sae sl/cf, acea a3, b3, vw 505 and MB 229.1.

EO brand is Delek Lubricants Motorsynth Full syn. From UAE.

MB229.1 is quite obselete already.. it's basically ACEA A2/B2.
API SN already supersedes that.
But of course the one you mention is API SL, A3/B3 .. good for > 10 yr old cars.

Think the new cars now all require SN.. or at least SM?
Asure7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

I used API SN.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #29

Car manufacturers also donít make their own spark plugs, brake fluid, water pump etc isnít it..even if their brand may be put on the box.

Bro, the golden question. Where did you buy those EO?
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #30

Yeah... Me too...
why change EO every 5000km? not 10000km?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.