Civic vs Altis vs Mazda 3

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thxs everyone for the feedback.

Haven’t test drive the cars as yet. Perhaps I’ll also go read up on Mazda 6. I do think that fuel consumption would also be another point I’ll take into consideration. Driving a Jetta and I agree the boot is huge, the seats are kinda crap and it’s not as fuel efficient as Japanese cars.

I’m not willing to invest that much in an Mpv. So probably will stick to a sedan car

Do check out the Wish. Not much more expensive than your shortlisted models. Very sweet spot mid sized MPV at an excellent price. Have the flexibility of extra 2 seats, otherwise can collapse 3rd row for bigger boot space.

crunsik

Reaction score
Do check out the Wish. Not much more expensive than your shortlisted models. Very sweet spot mid sized MPV at an excellent price. Have the flexibility of extra 2 seats, otherwise can collapse 3rd row for bigger boot space.

Thx bro! I was thinking about the wish too. The top up isn’t that much more too.

I was also looking at the price of Mazda6. It seems to have dropped quite a lot and seems quite worth it for a made in Japan car. Anyone able to share their view on Mazda6?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx bro! I was thinking about the wish too. The top up isn’t that much more too.

I was also looking at the price of Mazda6. It seems to have dropped quite a lot and seems quite worth it for a made in Japan car. Anyone able to share their view on Mazda6?

Because basically feature changes plus bigger size. Engine is the same technically.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

never own before but got friend had it. i tend to like mazda's approach to handling and to me, they are the closest jap to conti car even in terms of design. that floaty feeling is also not tat bad compared to the rest. also easy to maintain. the 6 is my favorite jap in tat category.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Please look beyond what are listed since you are going to invest big money on the car.

1) car handling , very important for you to feel safe to handle your family life.
Driving slow doesn't mean safe .
For this point, Altis scored the lowest.
If Mazda still adopt Ford chassis, it will still be better than Altis (trading too much comfort with road holding).
Civic- never tried new gen civic, based on heritage, it won't be as soft as Toyota settings .

Vw/Audi turbo charged with direct injection car has hobby of drinking(1000km per liter!) engine oil yet no recall to rectify this issue.
Handling will be better than Toyota for sure on any class to class comparison.

I don't know how true this is, seen 2 audi (AT/A6) like this and forum quoted common trait and workshop chop chop with solution welcoming owners.

I have driven those Toyota cars at Japan soil, the chassis and handling settings areso much firmer and feel safer with much less body roll compared to sin/my/USA/Australia exported setup .

Sorry this is not Toyota bashing thread but highlight the common concern.

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FC really plays a part especially your driving mileage is high.
Last time driving 2L mpv.Now driving 1.5L sedan.
Suddenly l feel so rich.Every month can save few hundreds on petrol, lol..

So rich is not because of fuel if you translate fuel price per Km. It hardly make much different. The big saving come from car price, road tax, insurance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.