COE Predictions

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The accurate loss or gain can only be calculated on hindsight after the COE car is finally scrapped or sold.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
The issue is carbon build up long term. Discussed extensively on youtube and mazda forums.

Long term is how many km ? I think I will reach 200km by end of next year haha. If Coe is still low next year, just nice to change my car..

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have read extensive enough you will probably realised the carbon builds up on DI engines if you (1) dont clock enough mileage - merely driving your car to your nearby coffeeshop daily, (2) don’t occasionally rev your engine to the red line - not everyday but you can do it once every few weeks.

Afterall, its a give and take kind of situation where DI engine (skyactiv) yields better fuel economy but with the possibility of carbon build up if you didnt do either of two aforemention points to ensure the engine operates at the optimal (higher) temperature.

Honestly speaking i havent heard much about skyactiv engine running into major issue in singapore. So whats the real concern?

Because cars and petrol are too ex in Singapore. Owner don't rev their their car. When I told many people, I always rev to the red line.
Many colleague and frds looked at me in astonishment, would it explode? Seriously... Most vehicles I had, I rev to the red line occasionally. Whether it 16500rpm for motorcycles or 7000rpm for cars ...

HondaJG

Reaction score
Because cars and petrol are too ex in Singapore. Owner don't rev their their car. When I told many people, I always rev to the red line.
Many colleague and frds looked at me in astonishment, would it explode? Seriously... Most vehicles I had, I rev to the red line occasionally. Whether it 16500rpm for motorcycles or 7000rpm for cars ...

not really. the SA advised me to rev 1 or 2 times after the 1st maintenance.
this is to clear any carbon blockage at the direct injection point.

still waiting for car arrival..

HondaJG

Reaction score
not really. cars with sun roof, 2 doors, 2 seaters, above 2liter cc and/or luxury ones tend to rev. :s13: :s13:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
if don't rev to clear carbon, just use something like this?
nowadays workshops have machines to clear carbon also..
not really a big deal right... just fuel consumption start to go up, maybe slightly sluggish etc

cfsc_cover.png

Last edited:

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really. cars with sun roof, 2 doors, 2 seaters, above 2liter cc and/or luxury ones tend to rev. :s13: :s13:

Those over committed and needed more than 20% of their monthly salary or need their spouse support for their lifestyle cannot rev... Sad but true...

lowgq

Reaction score
if don't rev to clear carbon, just use something like this?
nowadays workshops have machines to clear carbon also..
not really a big deal right... just fuel consumption start to go up, maybe slightly sluggish etc

cfsc_cover.png

Yeah. Think those who are worried about carbon are just too woke yo hahaha

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically no because exclusivity arrangements with car rental firms not allowed accprding to CCSS. So Go-jek need not procure its own fleet like Uber did with LCR. Any Grab driver can cross over to drive on Go-Jek's platform.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.