HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Convert Malaysia license to Singapore license

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #1

Convert Malaysia license to Singapore license

Dear all fellow drivers, (esp Malaysian who live in Singapore)

Am about to convert my Malaysian driving license to Singapore one, according to this website:

http://sgcgo.com/driving-license-conversion/

I will need to sit for the Basic Theory Test, upon passing the test, I need a letter from JPJ in order to proceed with the license application.

So my doubt is, what kind of letter is it? If I go to JPJ what should I tell the officer over there? Beside, must I go to the JPJ where I got my license or any JPJ will do?
Thank you very much!
something likes this.
Zephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #2

Ask the JPJ for the salinan rekod lesen memandu. Anyway, I'm sure the JPJ people know what to do. Don't think you'll be the first that they are doing this for.

Never tried asking this from another JPJ. To be on the safe side, get from your own JPJ (their database may be f**ked up)

But I know different states behave differently. Some will tell you that your license will be blacklisted. Others, will tell you that you can have both license at the same time.. =/
gabsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #3

thank you so much gabsch, will go to my hometown's JPJ next week.
Zephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

Ask the JPJ for the salinan rekod lesen memandu. Anyway, I'm sure the JPJ people know what to do. Don't think you'll be the first that they are doing this for.

Never tried asking this from another JPJ. To be on the safe side, get from your own JPJ (their database may be f**ked up)

But I know different states behave differently. Some will tell you that your license will be blacklisted. Others, will tell you that you can have both license at the same time.. =/
Hi, after converted to Singapore License, can i drive malaysia car at malaysia?
cyruspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #5

Hi, after converted to Singapore License, can i drive malaysia car at malaysia?
Yes, you will still be able to keep your Malaysian driving license. Just remember to renew it.
VoodooEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Master Member

do remember, once you get this salinan rekod lesen memandu, u have to convert to sg driving license in 1 months time. so please pass yours sg Basic Theory Test first before get the salinan.
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Master Member

Yes, you will still be able to keep your Malaysian driving license. Just remember to renew it.
mine can't lor, cause i dont paid extra...
Old 24-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Master Member

I personally know someone who successfully convert their MY to SG class 3. From what I know, you must have stayed at msia for at least 6mths (can't remember is 6mths or 1yr) from msia license date of issue. ie you are not working/studying at SG during this period.

Got a m'sian friend while studying in NUS, got her license in msia. She is not able to convert to SG license because of above reason. Meaning she need to take driving lesson & pass in SG in order to get SG license. (btw cost of getting license is many times cheaper over there compare to SG)
spell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #9

You must get your msia license before you come to SG to work or study. Your friend study in NUS first then got her msia license, so cannot convert anymore.
skyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

I personally know someone who successfully convert their MY to SG class 3. From what I know, you must have stayed at msia for at least 6mths (can't remember is 6mths or 1yr) from msia license date of issue. ie you are not working/studying at SG during this period.

Got a m'sian friend while studying in NUS, got her license in msia. She is not able to convert to SG license because of above reason. Meaning she need to take driving lesson & pass in SG in order to get SG license. (btw cost of getting license is many times cheaper over there compare to SG)
yea, if not everyone just go malaysia take liao come back then convert
lousydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

But the converted license also not valid till 65 what. Every year need renew right?
whaleshark87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
Master Member

But the converted license also not valid till 65 what. Every year need renew right?
need renew every year?...
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #13

hi bros, need some advise here.

My wife is trying to convert her malaysian driving license to SG one. She got her license in year 2005. She got her Singapore PR in year 2006. Understand that Malaysian law requires 2 years of probation (P-plated) before they are granted full fledged license.

In this case, are they still considered having obtained the license before obtaining the SG PR? She has obtained the license extract from her hometown's JPJ, and the driving license's "year of issue" is stated as 2008 (approx 2.5 years after her date of passing the driving test).
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
Master Member

hi bros, need some advise here.

My wife is trying to convert her malaysian driving license to SG one. She got her license in year 2005. She got her Singapore PR in year 2006. Understand that Malaysian law requires 2 years of probation (P-plated) before they are granted full fledged license.

In this case, are they still considered having obtained the license before obtaining the SG PR? She has obtained the license extract from her hometown's JPJ, and the driving license's "year of issue" is stated as 2008 (approx 2.5 years after her date of passing the driving test).
SG govt all look at black and white not like bolehland. Have your wife actually stayed more than 6 months after the 2008 year of issue? If not chances are she have to retake her driving test here. Not a difficult feat if you already know how to drive.
spell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #15

JPJ don't allow Msian to hold Msia Driving License if you ve converted to SG License.

but dont worry, you can drive in Msia with your SG license.

and SG driving license is lifetime unless kena revoked. ( no need to renew )

edit : found this in sgcarmart

Dimaklumkan bahawa mengikut Seksyen 27(6) Akta pengangkutan Jalan (APJ) 1987 membawa maksud hanya satu (1) lesen memandu sahaja samada lesen memandu Malaysia atau Singapura boleh dipegang pada satu-satu masa oleh warganegara Malaysia atau Singapura. Oleh yang demikian, tuan boleh menggunakan lesen memandu Singapura apabila memandu di Malaysia dengan syarat lesen memandu Singapura masih sah berkuatkuasa dan sama taraf kelas dengannya.

Sekian terima kasih.

"MESRA,CEKAP,TELUS"
"BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA"

Rosmawati Mohamad
Ketua Pembantu Penguatkuasa
Bahagian Pelesenan Pemandu
Ibu Pejabat JPJ Malaysia
Tel : 03-88866560
Fax : 03-88889642

Last edited by sagiluck; 02-01-2013 at 05:22 PM..
sagiluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.