HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dilema between Mazda 3 Hatch vs Nissan Qashqai.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
EJB
High Supremacy Member

I would say both cars has its common problems, and would be largely be based on luck.

For practicality, go for Qashqai. It is higher, bigger boot space and more comfortable. Its presence would also be better. Considering that Qashqai is a very popular model, and it also shares a lot of parts with Renault, I would say spare parts (or even aftermarket upgrades) can be easily obtained.

For budget and better drive, go for the Mazda 3. SUVs/Crossovers cost of parts and its maintenance tend to be higher (i.e. bigger tyres, additional cost for car wash/paint protection, parts tend to be more expensive than their sedan/hatchback counterparts). Being smaller, they tend to be lighter and more fuel efficient.
What kind of common problems? If it's common, it's not a problem.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

small cc car with turbo, high compression not ideal unless u can run the car often in highway condition

if direct injected with turbo even worse

What kind of common problems? If it's common, it's not a problem.
trento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #18

I owned mz3 deluxe n once a while I drive my friend QQ 1.2t

Talking abt interior space. QQ is bigger

Interior wise mazda 3 is better

Fc mazda 3 should be better. Base on my friend n neighbour fc, they achieve abt 12km/l, n I can achieve easily more than 13km++

Handling - mazda 3

FYI. QQ is made in UK n should be using Renault parts if I'm not wrong. My uncle is driving the Nissan nv 200 1.4t van. Their parts r very ex

How much they quoted u
Then mazda part expensive ?
Iwanttobehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #19

Small cc with turbo usually will have low end torque as the turbo is set to kick in earlier.

High compression engine is stressing the engine higher so as to gain better efficiency.

small cc car with turbo, high compression not ideal unless u can run the car often in highway condition

if direct injected with turbo even worse
Instinct87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #20

Not sure man. But previously i own a 2004 Mz hatchback, it's really slightly pricier than normal Jap brands.

Then mazda part expensive ?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #21

How much did u pay for your Mz3 hatch?

Take mazda 3 hb deluxe plus, welcome to the club. I just book too.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #22

Thanks! Too many considerations on my mind. I've never driven a SUV/Crossover before and worried that it might disappoint from various angles.

I've owned a 2004 Mz3 Hatch before and got into an accident which is why it's hampering my decision. Abit "pan tang".

I would say both cars has its common problems, and would be largely be based on luck.

For practicality, go for Qashqai. It is higher, bigger boot space and more comfortable. Its presence would also be better. Considering that Qashqai is a very popular model, and it also shares a lot of parts with Renault, I would say spare parts (or even aftermarket upgrades) can be easily obtained.

For budget and better drive, go for the Mazda 3. SUVs/Crossovers cost of parts and its maintenance tend to be higher (i.e. bigger tyres, additional cost for car wash/paint protection, parts tend to be more expensive than their sedan/hatchback counterparts). Being smaller, they tend to be lighter and more fuel efficient.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:19 PM   #23

Thanks! Too many considerations on my mind. I've never driven a SUV/Crossover before and worried that it might disappoint from various angles.

I've owned a 2004 Mz3 Hatch before and got into an accident which is why it's hampering my decision. Abit "pan tang".
simi accident?
HondaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

Small cc with turbo usually will have low end torque as the turbo is set to kick in earlier.

High compression engine is stressing the engine higher so as to gain better efficiency.
pretty much explains it
Old 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #25

Road accident. Suay la.

simi accident?
Old 06-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #26

What's the compression ratio for turbo cars ah?
stylechap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Depends on which brand

What's the compression ratio for turbo cars ah?
Old 06-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #28

How much did u pay for your Mz3 hatch?
I paid $82k during car expo. I didn't take 5 year warrenty or 3 yr servicing and $500 service credit or petrol voucher so got additional 2k discount off from $84k. Freebies solar film, dual channel cam, car air purifier or vacuum and brila body coat.
Spinningring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #29

I paid $82k during car expo. I didn't take 5 year warrenty or 3 yr servicing and $500 service credit or petrol voucher so got additional 2k discount off from $84k. Freebies solar film, dual channel cam, car air purifier or vacuum and brila body coat.
Err y u dun wanna the warranty thing ?
Iwanttobehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #30

Oh..bo hua leh. I think warranty is important.. but its individual ba. Anyway, the price is super attractive. The only thing that will scale my decision is the price. 😁😁

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.