HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dilema between Mazda 3 Hatch vs Nissan Qashqai.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 11:12 PM   #1

Dilema between Mazda 3 Hatch vs Nissan Qashqai.

Having a dilema choosing between brand new Mazda 3 1.5 Hatchback Deluxe vs Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Premium.

I understand that both are classified under different class of vehicle but I would like to seek some opinion on factors such as reliability, common problems, maintenability, driving factor etc..

I'm driving a swift sport now and just had a kid so intending to a new car to better suit family.

Hope to get some insights and advise on this matter.

Thanks.
Instinct87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:28 PM   #2

I owned mz3 deluxe n once a while I drive my friend QQ 1.2t

Talking abt interior space. QQ is bigger

Interior wise mazda 3 is better

Fc mazda 3 should be better. Base on my friend n neighbour fc, they achieve abt 12km/l, n I can achieve easily more than 13km++

Handling - mazda 3

FYI. QQ is made in UK n should be using Renault parts if I'm not wrong. My uncle is driving the Nissan nv 200 1.4t van. Their parts r very ex

How much they quoted u
Kia7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:47 AM   #3

I was quite put off by QQ because there are UK sites that compile reliability data and some people were having pretty bad trouble even with new cars. You'll need to do your own research.
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #4

QQ is going at $102k while Mz3 is going somewhere around $86k.

I test driven both and both are good in their own ways, thus im comparing other factors.

I owned mz3 deluxe n once a while I drive my friend QQ 1.2t

Talking abt interior space. QQ is bigger

Interior wise mazda 3 is better

Fc mazda 3 should be better. Base on my friend n neighbour fc, they achieve abt 12km/l, n I can achieve easily more than 13km++

Handling - mazda 3

FYI. QQ is made in UK n should be using Renault parts if I'm not wrong. My uncle is driving the Nissan nv 200 1.4t van. Their parts r very ex

How much they quoted u
Old 06-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #5

Wah...that serious? QQ assembled in UK while Mz3 in Japan. I read reviews about both locally and it seems the opposite. The 2.0 QQ is giving some problems dues to the electronics.

I was quite put off by QQ because there are UK sites that compile reliability data and some people were having pretty bad trouble even with new cars. You'll need to do your own research.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

In this case, M3 hatch for me
Shutterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Neither, not a fan of SUV nor HB.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #8

M3 will be better choice within this 2, QQ 1.2 under power imho.
Snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #9

Thanks guys for the sharing and opinions.

I've spent the last 1.5hrs reading through reviews and it's true that QQ indeed has some issues. Overall rating for QQ was 2.1/5 while the Mz3 came in with 4.2/5.

If anyone has other opinions, do feel free to share as well. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #10

Thanks guys for the sharing and opinions.

I've spent the last 1.5hrs reading through reviews and it's true that QQ indeed has some issues. Overall rating for QQ was 2.1/5 while the Mz3 came in with 4.2/5.

If anyone has other opinions, do feel free to share as well. Thanks.
You getting them new? How long you intend to keep the ride? I had them for 3 years, zero problem during those 3 years. If you like to change your ride every few years, just go with the one you like as major issues can be covered by warranty, i.e. ease of mind.

I switched back to sedan, and kinda miss the SUV feel.
Persie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nissan QQ got less PHV on the road. This will affect your resale value.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

SUV/Crossover - there is a reason why there are so many Vezels/HR-V on the road. It's a really practical car. It's a Honda, so reliability isn't an issue and parts are cheap.

Hatch - If Borneo brings in the new Corolla Sport/Auris, you can consider, getting rave reviews overseas for the driving experience.

I prefer hatchbacks, so Mazda3 HB for me if just the two options.

My 2 cents.
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #13

You were driving the QQ 1.2 too? I plan to get it in Jan 19 and hoping to keep it as long as I can.

You getting them new? How long you intend to keep the ride? I had them for 3 years, zero problem during those 3 years. If you like to change your ride every few years, just go with the one you like as major issues can be covered by warranty, i.e. ease of mind.

I switched back to sedan, and kinda miss the SUV feel.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #14

QQ is going at $102k while Mz3 is going somewhere around $86k.

I test driven both and both are good in their own ways, thus im comparing other factors.

Take mazda 3 hb deluxe plus, welcome to the club. I just book too.
Spinningring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #15

Having a dilema choosing between brand new Mazda 3 1.5 Hatchback Deluxe vs Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Premium.

I understand that both are classified under different class of vehicle but I would like to seek some opinion on factors such as reliability, common problems, maintenability, driving factor etc..

I'm driving a swift sport now and just had a kid so intending to a new car to better suit family.

Hope to get some insights and advise on this matter.

Thanks.
I would say both cars has its common problems, and would be largely be based on luck.

For practicality, go for Qashqai. It is higher, bigger boot space and more comfortable. Its presence would also be better. Considering that Qashqai is a very popular model, and it also shares a lot of parts with Renault, I would say spare parts (or even aftermarket upgrades) can be easily obtained.

For budget and better drive, go for the Mazda 3. SUVs/Crossovers cost of parts and its maintenance tend to be higher (i.e. bigger tyres, additional cost for car wash/paint protection, parts tend to be more expensive than their sedan/hatchback counterparts). Being smaller, they tend to be lighter and more fuel efficient.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.