HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Engine oil overfill...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1

Engine oil overfill...

Service my car ytd. Than ytd late night went downstair smoke and got feel ask me check my dipstick. When I pull out. Found out the engine oil way above full marking. Damn sian. Doesn't wanna drive anymore today. Scare damage the engine parts. Wanna DIY to suck out from dipstick hole. After service guess I drive about 100km total. Car still normal and no leak found. Hope everything fine for the engine. Anyone encounter overfill engine oil problem before?
RuOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #2

Service my car ytd. Than ytd late night went downstair smoke and got feel ask me check my dipstick. When I pull out. Found out the engine oil way above full marking. Damn sian. Doesn't wanna drive anymore today. Scare damage the engine parts. Wanna DIY to suck out from dipstick hole. After service guess I drive about 100km total. Car still normal and no leak found. Hope everything fine for the engine. Anyone encounter overfill engine oil problem before?
go back your service workshop and ask them to do it for you without any cost. dun do it yourself if you dun know anything about it...
Spinkygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Senior Moderator

The dipstick hole so small how you suck? With a yakult straw?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #4

with a tube for those fish tank pump. it can be done. https://plus.google.com/photos/10143...249?banner=pwa this is the info.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

What damage can it do?
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #6

What damage can it do?
*Blown oil seals
*frothy oil from crank windage (air pumped round with the oil)
*excess oil on the bores that the oil seal cannot handle = burning oil = knackered cat eventually (along with knackered oil seals probably).
*Broken big ends from the housing smashing into the oil surface each revolution
*and more........

*High pressure may develop in the crankcase from having too much oil in the engine and can lead to oil leakage, as well as premature engine wear and damages
*The risk is that the crankshaft hits the oil level, causing hydraulic shock and for which is not desighed.
*if the level is really high it starts getting into the piston area.
*robs power and fuel economy because too much oil causes resistance to the crank. Lubrication is fine, but bathe the crank in oil and it has to push too much out of the way. Too much or too little oil can also result in foaming the oil which makes your lubrication factor drop.
*too much oil pressure than the crank can handle
*it's possible that it could damage the catalytic convertor
*If the engine is severely overfilled it can blow up. It causes something called windage where the crankshaft froths up the oil engine damage

taken from a local car forum.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
tk
Supremacy Member

Service my car ytd. Than ytd late night went downstair smoke and got feel ask me check my dipstick. When I pull out. Found out the engine oil way above full marking.
which workshop u went?
tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #8

which workshop u went?
yee tee industrial. eng hup. lost faith in there sia.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Senior Moderator

with a tube for those fish tank pump. it can be done. https://plus.google.com/photos/10143...249?banner=pwa this is the info.
Wouldn't it be easier to drain from the bottom?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #10

Wouldn't it be easier to drain from the bottom?
I dun have the tool to do. And I dun dare to. Cause still need to jack the car up.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Anyone encounter overfill engine oil problem before?
Yes... because apparently some mechanics from China do not understand perfect English and fail at reasoning.

Anyway my car has an oil cooler installed so... I'm pretty sure 4L is more than enough now.
Kijana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Banned

I dun have the tool to do. And I dun dare to. Cause still need to jack the car up.
Actually no need much tools..
Just need wrench to turn the bolt
And a flat tub to catch the oil
But you will dirty your hand and don't know how much to drain and very troublesome to dispose the oil
runeruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
Master Member

Better go back to that workshop and complain. Then let them drain out the oil.
omegawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
Master Member

Actually no need much tools..
Just need wrench to turn the bolt
And a flat tub to catch the oil
But you will dirty your hand and don't know how much to drain and very troublesome to dispose the oil
i think diy from beneath not very viable. the car needs to be of certain height so that ts can glide in out smoothly and safely. correct me if i am wrong but i think the container catchment probably needs to be lower than the car height so that the oil can flow to the container right?
linzw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #15

Anyway problem solve. DIY the pump same as the link I post. Really works well. Now the eo level is lower and is below F mark abit. Feel relax already.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.